does everybodys data cap do this??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJSR

Reaction score
View attachment 263326

What the heck? how do you check voltage while test firing outputs??
seems that all of the windows (pop-ups) have words cut off, through out the perfectflite data cap software.

I'm Just lost!

Which program for which altimeter?

Can you drag the window larger? Can you adjust the system font sizes?

What operating system?

View attachment 263326

What the heck? how do you check voltage while test firing outputs??
seems that all of the windows (pop-ups) have words cut off, through out the perfectflite data cap software.

I'm Just lost!

Which program for which altimeter? SL100

Can you drag the window larger? Can you adjust the system font sizes? no

What operating system? windows

Which version of Windows? I do it support for a living. You might be able to adjust the font to get it to fit.

Do you have the latest software

Very cool, thank you Mark,
what item do I chose though?

No joy, I actually went through each item in that menu and none of them changed the font in that program. changed font in other area's, but not in the data cap.

Hmm, not in front of computer to write what I would do next step for step. I do not have an SL100. Is there test/sample data available? If so, I might install the app and see if I can figure it out.

May be resolved by changing my screen "magnifier" from "medium" (125%) to"smaller". It is the first option available after opening the control panel and selecting "Display". Also when I got a SLCF I received a software update on disc. The SL100 will still open in the old software but the SLCF will not.

Cory it doesn't change it (S, M, L ) , still has words cut off
Where did you get an up date disc from? I just loaded from their webpage

Short answer: no.
I've run the program on 3 laptops and 2 desktops and never had a problem, XP thru Win 8
Interestingly, when I try to open your attachment I get a white screen only.
Do you have another computer to tr it on?

Rick I'm not sure which attachment you mean? no don't have another computer
I mean I can work around this problem, It's just frustrating that's all. everything works in the data cap, functions the way it should.

if you look at the first picture left top "altitude feet" the T is missing, left bottom the E is missing from raw altitude.
in the second one "altimeter test" (pop up window) look closely at it all kinds of letters are missing

whattheheck3.jpg

whattheheck2.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same problem with the Data Cap software, but I just ignore it. There isn't much cut off on my screen..., but I know what you're talking about.

I'm using two computers, one an HP desktop running Vista, and a Dell Laptop running Windows 7. They both have unadjustable windows in Data Cap that aren't large enough for the text to show completely.

Another thought- have you updated you display drivers? Not saying this is the issue, but you never know.

I just updated a month ago on both machines. It's something buried in the DataCap software as nearly as I can tell. I tinkered with it for quite some time when I first installed the DataCap software early this year, and I couldn't get the display correctly adjusted. As mentioned above, I just ignore it...

I suggest that if you want a nice plot, download the data as a .csv file and import it into a spreadsheet. In the spreadsheet you can replot the data anyway you like it.

The March/April and May/June 2015 issues of Sport Rocketry magazine have an excellent 2 part article on merging and analyzing altimeter and gps data in a spreadsheet. The altimeter in the article is the PF StratoLogger. Well worth reading.

Bob

Back