Buckeye Blast 2015 Is a GO!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockets

Reaction score
See......

Buckeye Blast is a GO!!

Saturday morning we will begin setting up equipment around 9:00 AM. Waiver can open as early as 10:00. The more help we have setting up, the quicker we can get in the air. Weather is still not looking particularly wonderful but we will be on the field for those who want to launch barring some major weather front that hasn't popped up yet.

We can handle L1 and L2 TRA and NAR cert flights and tests. Anyone looking for L3 cert should have already made it a point to contact their TAP(TRA) or L3CC (NAR) members ahead of time.

This is a busy weekend for rocket events and we will have no vendors on site that I am aware of. Bring everything you need to fly, eat or drink.

Open flying all day. No contests or competition just launching rockets. This is a TRA research launch. TRA and NAR HP members welcome as well as all low and mid power flyers.

This launch is an independently insured launch, NOT a TRA Research launch per ce, and you can fly whatever within your cert level. Ta; with Joe Grubb and Steve Temple at the launch with any questions or concerns.

Day one of Buckeye Blast is in the books so to speak. It really was more of a Buckeye Spray!! Rain attacked our launch more than a couple of times and low clouds held attendance and flights way down. But we were there if anyone wanted to participate and a few did.

We did get a TRA L1 and a NAR L1 cert flights in. The thing is they were by the same person. I've never done this before and know it wasn't necessary but the candidate was willing. It was just another chance to launch a rocket. This way he doesn't have to wait for one organization to send him a card so he can copy it and send it to the other organization. Two perfect flights done by the book of each organization.

Way to go Joe!! No not me obviously, a different Joe.

Great field, great people, 11mph winds and partly clear. we fly 4 rockets Estes ascender F44, Estes Stubby D12, Wildman Vindicator I-140 and LOC Magnum K535 L2.

There was another L2 attempt TRA FROM Doug with a Darkstar J500 that we were sadly not able to see - had to leave.

Steve was going to fly a 4" and there was a flying saucer going up on a 29mm something.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1431955761.557855.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1431955772.968053.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1431955795.941291.jpg
That's all I got
Was hoping to also send up that Super Batray on an H182 just ran out of time

Congrats on your successful L2 certification flight! You need to change your sig now :)

It was! He sent me this link to the video of the up part.
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHWk95k_yAE[/video]

WoShuGui beat me!! lol! :) It was a sweet flight I didn't make because I was out of town. I hope OAMC was able to have a successful launch. I haven't made a OAMC launch in a year!!! :(
Hope to see u guys November!! :)

Great to hear Doug passed, the clouds were gathering, the J500 looks like a bullet

(Through Steve Temple) Flight Report – OAMC Launch May 16th & 17thAs luck would have it, the weekends we do not have a launch scheduled, it is Sunny, good temps and ground is dry.May 16th, skies were overcast and we had intermittent rain throughout the day. We only had 3 rockets launched, however these flights were very significant as 2 of the 3 were certifications. We were pleased to see a new face at the field when Joe Freeze from Lebanon, Oh showed up and successfully completed his NAR & Tripoli Level I certifications. Joe was also very helpful assisting us set of the range.Also attending were Lee Berry to provide vendor support, Jay Berry, Joe Grubb and myself. One of Joe’s statements summed up the day, albeit we did not get many guest or flights in for the day, it is always good to see old friends and talk about the great times we have enjoyed at these events.Congratulations on your Level I cert Joe! May 17th, the day was darn near perfect with exception of an occasional wind gust and brief clouds moving through. Most of the day was sunshine in our face and the perfect blue canvas in the sky.This day was also special as we had additional successful certification flights with two fliers.Doug Peterson of Plain City successfully completed his Level II certification. Project was a Dark Star Stealth blazing the sky on a J 500 G (green) Aerotech. The flight cruised to 3200 ft. and was successfully recovered approximately 500 yards from pads.We had a new flier Nick Adams, travel from Greencastle Indiana to attempt his Level II flight. He had great support as his wife and two boys made the journey with him too. Kit was LOC Precision Magnum weighing 9.5 lbs. Power plant was a K535 and main was set for 700’. Flight was a text-book flight for success touching down 400 yards from LCO after descending from 3600ft.Both his boys Andrew & Anthony launched some Estes kits on a D12 & F44. Both were impressive flights. Prior to heading back to Indiana to help his 4H group, he launched a beautifully painted Madcow Vindicator on an I-140. Together he and his wife made the ½ mile trek for the safe recovery of this flight.Next on the flight line was Bob “MovieMan” Goffena. He dazzled us one again with his mighty upscale flying saucer rocket with a 54mm 2 Grain CTI motor. The fuel cell was the impressive long burn I-100 with red propellant. This beast left earth in a hurry, however the wind gust modified the flight trajectory and it returned slightly ahead of the scheduled flight plan. After some minor repairs, this project will be breaking wind again real soon.Next up – Joe Grubb. His scratch built project named “Canterbury Tail” left the pad in a hurry on a J-275 Aerotech. This was a magnificent flight with a beautiful smoke trail against the blue canvas and it successfully touched down 400 yards from the pads.Wrapping us the day was Steve Temple launching his Little John on a J275. As we rocketeers know, the “Up” part is the impressive, easy part. Getting the darn thing back is the nail biting segment of a flight especially when you are using a parachute deployment procedure. He successfully covered the 640 acre plot as his nose cone, tracker and chute landed on the west side of the fie

Back