The "King" is dead [the other King...... BB]

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
BB King died last night.
I wonder if he will be buried with Lucille.

Us old guys grew up fortunate to listen to his wonder tunes which spanned 70 years.
A legacy has left us. I saw him back in the 60's at the Red Dog Saloon......wow 50 years ago!

https://www.cnbc.com/id/102681498

" LONG LIVE THE KING!"

Nothing else to say, if your a music lover you know who he was .

Oh mannn,,
What a shame...
Yes Bob,, I did understand he had quite a few health issues,, diabetes among them....
What a pleasure to listen to him play Lucille,, huh...
Go in peace to a better place...

Geez Jim,,, 50 years......lol...

Teddy

As a musician I must chime in...he was a legend and will be sorely missed! The guy was gigging up until a couple months ago. Amazing.

CJ...wow. What a show that must have been. That's one time period I would have loved to live in - the dawn of the space age and amazing music!!

He inspired many rock and rollers, like Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, and others. What a legacy!

Saw him perform as a teen back in LA.It was at a dinner club--couldn't tell you where-and didn't know who he was---went with my parents --At that age I had no idea, but I remember enjoying it and he came to the table just to say hello.Years later I'd say-" I've met him" --funny how little memories stick with you over the years.

Don't know if you'd consider this ironic, but last week when Ben E King died, I heard someone on NPR hasten to point out that it was NOT BB King. RIP now to two great musicians.

Couple easy to find videos with BB that are easy to find and watch.

First is BB with Gary Moore playing a great version of The Thrill is Gone

Second is BB King and Friends-A Blues Session live in LA 1987. This one has lots of blues stars.

Both are great to watch and just listen to.

I got to see BB several years ago in Wichita at the Century 2. He was still playing up to three shows a week then. Didn't realize just how busy he really was until I saw the back of the tour shirt I got.

The one person who when he walked on stage gave me chill bumps.

Glad he passed peaceful.

You will be misses BB.

Back