Sad News

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I received the sad news that my father's older/last remaining brother had passed away that day. He'd been ill for some time following surgeries and chemo at age 91.

Last night, Mom called to say my father had also passed away at age 87. Pop had also been in failing health but fortunately we'd all been out to Arizona last month to see them and meet with hospice. Unfortunately, my uncle was not up to having visitors at the time so we weren't able to see him.

We lost the last two remaining Dads/Uncles on the same day but there is a small grace in knowing that they left together.

My cousins and I have now become our grandparents.

I'm sorry for your losses Kit. I lost my favorite uncle and grandfather (opposite sides of my family thankfully) on the same day 3 years ago. I wasn't prepared for either one.

Sorry to hear it. Seems like there is so much pain lately.

My father will turn 90 in November, and I keep hoping he makes it.

Terribly sorry to hear that- two in one day. Take care of you and your own.

I doesn't matter who you are, it's always pretty painful to loose a parent. You got a double dose of loss though. Hard to find comforting words for someone in your shoes. Just know, I feel your pain. Lost both my parents 8 months apart. Yeah, been there. Sorry man.

Condolences, Kit. Find the good memories and be at peace. Know you are respected and loved here. It's a part of your parent's legacy.

My deepest condolences and greatest prayers for you and yours Kit...
I am very sorry to hear of your loss...
They're both in a better place...

Teddy

Back