One Piece Mini Buttons.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyM

Reaction score
I've been trying to find a shop to make the one piece mini railbuttons for me with limited success due to the size. I've found a shop to do it, and it's even local to me which would be great! The only issue is the price they are coming in at. My goal was to keep them around the same price as 1010 buttons, but that's not looking very promising. I can get a run made and they would be $10 for a package of 10, so the same price as 1515 buttons. These would be made in Delrin and be available in black and white.

At that price point would there still be interest?

I would need to take some pre-orders which I will give a 10% discount to.

Post here or send me an email to let me know if that sounds either good or bad.

email be at: randy (at) rail-buttons.com

Thanks to all that have supported me so far this year and for your continued support.

FYI, I've also got a few more new products in the pipes.
A few will be on the new website if I can just find the time to get it finished.

Lot of views and only four replies and a few emails. Anyone else? I want to move forward this this, but want a better feel for future sales.

Who would be willing to place pre-orders with just a commitment to buy, nothing charged until they are available?

Do you have a photo of a sample of these?

No I don't. The setup charge to run a sample run is the same as a production run, they just do less so the per piece price is outrageous. I give the shop the specs and they run the job and as long as everything is within specs, they work find...if not, they have to re-do the job.

But they will look like the 3 piece buttons do when they are put together, just in one piece and made from Delrin.

I'm interested Randy but don't know how soon I will be ready for them. What size machine screw are they using?

I launched a bunch of mini buttons today at Bong. Love them. Love them. Love them....
I'm happy with the 3-piece. I would not be interested in one piece. I can't imagine any application where one piece would have any advantage over the three piece buttons. They're so small and only on small rockets, there's not enough friction going on to justify it

I launched a bunch of mini buttons today at Bong. Love them. Love them. Love them....
I'm happy with the 3-piece. I would not be interested in one piece. I can't imagine any application where one piece would have any advantage over the three piece buttons. They're so small and only on small rockets, there's not enough friction going on to justify it

Thanks, always good to hear! What's the biggest motor you used them on?

What's the advantage of single-piece buttons over three-piece?

The one piece buttons will be made of Delrin which is a little more durable than nylon which the three piece buttons are made of.

Seems most people like one piece buttons better, not sure why. I sell ten times more one piece 1010 buttons vs the three piece.
Personally, I use the 3 piece Delrin buttons when I need a 1010 button.Because they are injection molded instead of machined like the one piece buttons, they are really slippery which I consider a good quality. (Being slippery kinda sucks when I'm packaging them though. :wink: )

I only just found this thread, and your mini and micro buttons. I'll likely buy some, and the one piece delrin version seems like a nicer idea (both for convenience and performance) but I'm on the fence as to whether or not it's enough nicer for the higher price. Thee piece mini buttons at 15¢ each vs. one piece at about $1. Are they 6 times better? Probably not, but on the other hand it's only a couple of bucks per rocket, so maybe I'd buy'm anyway.

I only just found this thread, and your mini and micro buttons. I'll likely buy some, and the one piece delrin version seems like a nicer idea (both for convenience and performance) but I'm on the fence as to whether or not it's enough nicer for the higher price. Thee piece mini buttons at 15¢ each vs. one piece at about $1. Are they 6 times better? Probably not, but on the other hand it's only a couple of bucks per rocket, so maybe I'd buy'm anyway.

If you're one of those lucky people that is able to launch the same rocket over and over aging without losing it of damaging it (leaves me out!) the one piece buttons will be more durable in the long run. But then the same is true of 1010 buttons and I sell Many time more one piece than I do 3 piece. My goal is to give the customers what they want, be it 1 or 3 piece. :)

FYI, I've placed an order to get some one piece mini's made. She was going to see if they could get them done for me before LDRS, but I will likely not have them until sometime in July. I'll keep looking for a shop that can give me a better price and get the cost down.

I'll let everyone know when they are close to getting here and have a discounted pre-order available.

Thanks, always good to hear! What's the biggest motor you used them on?

Launched an E, plan on launching an F next weekend at MMWP. Seems sturdy enough to use even a G. Too bad I lost my Lil nuke or is try a G64.

Back