AeroTech Motor Data

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregGleason

Reaction score
I have ventured to compile data for AeroTech motors.

This list is not as full as I would like (I'm working on that) but I believe that it is an accurate representation of the AeroTech motors available compiled from the COF sheet from April 29, 2015.

I hope folks find it helpful.

Greg

PS: As always let me know if you find any mistakes and/or omissions.

View attachment AT Cert Motor - 2015-04-29.pdf

Great Resource Greg, Thanks. Didn't notice any mistakes or omissions. Only thing I can think of is maybe putting an HL (HobbyLine) or something after the RMS motors for the 18/20, 24/40, 24/60, and 29/40-120 to differentiate them from the RMS HPR cases. I appreciate the hard work you went to do all this, again thanks.

Last edited:
Great Resource Greg, Thanks. Didn't notice any mistakes or omissions. Only thing I can think of is maybe putting an HL (HobbyLine) or something after the RMS motors for the 18/20, 24/40, 24/60, and 29/40-120 to differentiate them from the RMS HPR cases. I appreciate the hard work you went to do all this, again thanks.

I had already started that process to have a column for the case, it is just not complete yet.

Here's a spreadsheet of all the currently certified Aerotech motors if you want to compare it to your list.

Thanks Bill. I'll check it out. There may be differences though, in that my list has only the current certified motors that are available for purchase.

Greg

Nice Table. Can you add case length and total impulse of the motor?

Yes, that will be available in a future document.

As an aside, it is really difficult in compiling the data into a single source. The official data is a bit scattered and some information may be a bit dated. Sometimes I have to infer data to get a complete picture. For example, I do not have a drawing of the 54/2560 case with extended FC, so I have to take the regular case length and add 0.50" (as found in the other 54mm cases) to derive the length of the case with the 54/2560 extended FC. The bottom line, it will take a bit of time to compile all of the relevant data.

Greg

I don't see any of the KBA loads, which are Aerotech certified loads.

I will add those in as well since they are on the latest COF. I don't know if it will make the next revision, but it will eventually be there.

I did get the case data completed today, so I hope to publish that information tomorrow. When the case length is published, it will be measured from the case bottom to the most forward part of the case that is made of metal. So the aft closure is not included in the length, nor are any of the plastic BP containers on the forward closures (where applicable).

Greg

I like it Greg, if we get anymore info on the sheet it will be time to go Landscape instead of Portrait form. :)

I like it Greg, if we get anymore info on the sheet it will be time to go Landscape instead of Portrait form. :)

Thanks for the feed back! It's hard to know if something is useful without it.

We'll see about modes for display. I do want to add columns for total impulse and burn time. Regardless, it will be tweaked some more.

Greg

Total Impluse and Burn time are good to have, but adding those will most likely require going to a landscape format to maintain readability, I wear bi-focals so reading small stuff for me is no problem, but for some of us as we get older the eyes do too. Landscape format is also nice at least for me when flipping through my rocket data binder I take to launches.

As a bonus, it appears that there is a pic of the Tripoli Board of Directors included in the DMS publication.

Greg

AT replied to me today that senior member of management is putting together a "Motor Matrix" due to the concern expressed of late by the community.

AT replied to me today that senior member of management is putting together a "Motor Matrix" due to the concern expressed of late by the community.

Hmmmm...

I wonder if I should stop development and see what they come up with.

Greg

If its anything like the DMS sheet they just released then they are getting closer, now if they just combine that data with yours we would have it made.

The other thing about waiting for AT is it took 5 years to realize we want MOAR....

Hopefully it will be in a consistent format and kept updated. I had to write scripts to parse the Excel order forms on the site to make sure ThrustCurve.org was correct and OOP motors were marked as such.

Back