Tripoli members...did you vote for board members?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
It's that time again.
You should have received your ballot to vote for 3 members running for the board.

Votes are historically pitifully low! Time to change that.
Please spread the word to fellow members that may not come here.
Make them aware at your launches & events.

Resumes are on file at Tripoli website or the electronic version e-mailed to you.[which most just probably threw in trash..lol]

You guys love to voice your opinions, now do it where it counts, our own board.
You may feel helpless regarding our national political system, but this is our own organization.

DO it now........please.:wink:

Well put and well said, Jim! We have an excellent cast of contenders and as Jim says-this is OURS! It doesn't matter whether you fly once a year or every day and it doesn't matter if you are Level 0 or Level 4 (oh, wait...different thread!). These folks are stepping up to ensure we can enjoy our hobby for years to come and they deserve our support. Vote NOW! (thanks CJ-this was really needed!)

Yep, went out yestiddy. When are we gonna see James Hendrickson on a ballot??? Come on, you know you wanna.

Do junior members' votes count in the tally? I got a ballot but I wasn't sure if I could or not... I know they can't in NAR.

I would do this, but I'd like to review the resumes of these people. The Tripoli website tells me to log in to view that, and I have no idea what to log in with, or how to do it. There is also nothing I can find about contact info on this. I'm obviously missing something, anybody help out? Thanks!

Phil L.

I would do this, but I'd like to review the resumes of these people. The Tripoli website tells me to log in to view that, and I have no idea what to log in with, or how to do it. There is also nothing I can find about contact info on this. I'm obviously missing something, anybody help out? Thanks!

Phil L.

Phil, I believe the username is your TRA number. I think the password can be reset, but I thought the default was TRA+TRA number.

Phil, I believe the username is your TRA number. I think the password can be reset, but I thought the default was TRA+TRA number.

Mark,
I think your almost right with one correction. The username is your five digit TRA number. The password is TRA then the MVC number found on the back of your Tripoli card.
Bob

Hey, Mark, thanks! You're right, my TRA # is my log on, they'll send me the password that I obviously forgot. Thanks again! :) Phil L.

Yep, I voted for three members and put a check in the box to the left of their name being sure not to vote for more than three so my ballot would not be void. Hehehehehe..... But seriously, voted and mailed it in on 5/8/15.

...Fudd

Look! Another Political Post! :facepalm:

Ahh...yes, but Rocket politics.lol

Ya know, by getting involved/voicing opinions in the correct manner our leaders have changed things for the better.

Like research launching along side commercial, becoming common practice. Just a few years ago it was unheard of.
The mentoring program for those under 18.
Needing more TAPS in various regions being addressed & some changes in the cert rules.
Safety issues with 2-stageflights & drag racing....whether you agree or dis-agree, they were real issues that needed to be addressed, not only for safety but to help keep our insurance premiums in line.
Money available to clubs for updating equipment......free for the asking. May not be much, but every bit helps.

Just to name a few.

In our hobby, your voice can be heard. You want changes [that make sense] this is how you get them.
The amount of time volunteered by our board members spent in addressing both legal [ATF..AP..igniter e-match] and membership issues is far beyond most members comrehension.
Every year time is spent meeting with officials in Washington and other venues to keep our hobby from being over-regulated and burdened with out dated rules.
It IS a thankless job done by a few....for the benefit of many!

Ya know, by getting involved/voicing opinions in the correct manner our leaders have changed things for the better.

Bingo...Like a thief in the night it comes every year, i fill it out and, the postage back is prepaid. What a bargain!

Filled mine out last night and, wandered down the hill into the deserted streets of Malfunction Junction to drop it in the Postal Box. (Yes we STILL have one of those thingy's...)

I've always felt that *normal* 20-30% voter turnout is not normal...I call it Lazy-ass-itis and, it just goes to reinforce the belief that MY vote counts even more when the ballots are counted up.

Phil L.
Does anybody have a link to the resumes that works? The one on the ballot don't, a search for resume gives some from last year.

I downloaded the magazine and read them there, and voted for my three.

I was wondering the same thing.

Nate

Just looked looked at the articles of incorporation and bylaws booklet they put in the back of the membership handbooks and one if the first things it says is that junior members can NOT vote...

Just looked looked at the articles of incorporation and bylaws booklet they put in the back of the membership handbooks and one if the first things it says is that junior members can NOT vote...

That would have been a good place to look...

Suppose that answers that question.

Nate

Yes in and out on the same day.
Hmmmmm, CJ as a board member?
Well he is "certifiable".... some how I just had to say that...........:facepalm:

I'd vote for CJ as a board member in a heartbeat..........
How do we forward this..........

Teddy

You can see the BOD resumes through the 'about' tab on the tripoli website. The log in details Bob shared worked for me.

Back