• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lots of HPR Stuff, helping out a friend

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPscaler

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
About three weeks ago, my original HPR mentor (before my dad got into it), husband of a friend of my mom's, passed away. I was asked to try to sell his rocket stuff, as Carla (His widow) is in a state of financial need, due to some unfortunate circumstances with his life insurance. All prices are open for negotiation as she does need money, but I'm starting them relatively high in hopes to get as much money into her hand as possible. NONE of this money is going anywhere but to her. I was informed that she plans on paying me for my help, but I will not take any money from her. Here is the first item:

20150508_181442_zpsabxvajqk.jpg

This is a very well built Public Missiles Endeavor Kit (3.9" Diameter). George was an engineer, and it shows in the construction of this rocket. He even rounded the flush aft centering ring and painted it to make the end of the tube seamless. This rocket has flown three times, all on J540 Redlines. It comes with the complete PML CPR-3000 conversion built, and a CoPilot V2.0 Altimeter. It also includes shock cords, a 12" drogue parachute, and a 54" main parachute. The rocket is equipted with a HAMR Retainer (Identical to an Aeropack retainer), as well as 38 and 29mm adapters. When we got this rocket, there was still live BP charges in it, and e-matches connected to the altimeter. They were, of course, removed.

If you purchase this rocket, you have the choice of the purple nosecone that matches the paintjob, or the orange nosecone that has brass strips embedded for shear pins.

20150508_182820_zps1wcrgtm9.jpg

Original Pricing:
PML Endeavor Kit: $179.95
Added HAMR-KS Retainer System: $42.95
CoPilot 2.0 (now discontinued): $139.95
CPR-3000 Conversion Kit: $115.95
Original Price before shipping: $478.80

This is a 6 foot, 4 inch diameter, dual deploy rocket complete with EVERYTHING you need to fly, except a motor and some ejection charges. We're asking $400+Shipping for this beautiful rocket, and truly hope someone who will fly the crap out of it will take it home.

Please see the attachments for more pictures

Braden

20150508_180258.jpg20150508_180432.jpg20150508_180631.jpg20150508_181232.jpg

Last edited:
Next up is another 3.9" PML Endeavor, this one, unbuilt. A complete kit.
20150508_182228.jpg

I went through and verified that everything is there. G10 Fiberglass fins, Quantum Tubing, shock cord, piston system, and parachute. Everything is indeed there. This has the quick switch motor adapters as well, but no HAMR Aluminum retainer. There is also a CPR-3000 retrofit kit, meaning this one can be built with the threaded modular electronics bay as well, if you so desire.

Original Prices:
Kit: $179.95
Kwickswitch Adapters: $29.99
CPR-3000 RetroFit Kit: $115.95
Total before shipping:$325.89

For this kit, we are asking $275+ shipping with the CPR Retrofit kit, or $160+ shipping for the kit with the adapters included. We will sell the kit alone for $145+shipping.

Braden

20150508_182612.jpg

Next,
One Rouse-Tech 54/1280 Motor with plugged closure, never fired, no seal disk low serial number #0028: Original Price: $144,Asking $120 plus shipping

One Rouse-Tech 38/480 Motor with both plugged and open closure, and seal disk. Low serial number #0017, fired three times: Original Price: $140,Asking $100+Shipping

20150508_175657.jpg

Braden

yet another endeavor!

The PML Small Endeavor. Again, built with amazing detail, though, this one has some paint issues and suffered a hard landing, which caused it to pop one of the lower fins loose. This could be a great little flier added to your fleet, just needs a little surgery! This also has the chute, shock cord, and everything you need. Also includes the HAMR 38mm aluminum motor retainer.

Cost when new:
Kit $89.95
Retainer: $28.95
Total before shipping: $118.90

For this kit, we are asking $70+shipping

20150508_181645.jpg20150508_182029.jpg20150508_182049.jpg

As I mentioned before, don't be afraid so send me an offer, we can work out a price on whatever it is you might want. We may be willing to individually sell things as well, for the right price, but we do need to get these sold ASAP.

Thanks for looking!

Braden

Sent Pm twice, I think. I replied to your Pm, but I don't see any of my sent Pm messages. Hope you got them.:)

If I remember correctly Tom started new serial #s every year. For what it's worth.

I doubt very seriously Tom recycled serial numbers, but as I understand it he is no longer producing Aerotech compatible hardware. Which makes getting hardware kinda hard. I am constantly hearing complaints from Ken Allen that Aerotech is out of stock and back ordered his hardware orders. I agree with old_dude, even though you missed college, you turned out pretty good. My condolences on the loss of your friend and good luck.

Looking at several cases they are serial numbered but with a month and year code at the end. I have several #00XX but hav 11-11 or 07-13 following. These are new cases picked up in the last month.

Alright guys, haven't had any offers on anything, so I'll do a few adjustments myself.

How about the 38-480 and 54-1280 with the plugged 38 closure and the 38mm seal disk, as well as plugged 54 closure and both rear closures for $200 shipped.

Braden

Braden,,
I don't know you at all,,
I hope you don't mind my saying so but my greatest compliments on your handling of the matter..
You're doing a fine job...

List the hardware as separate, individual items on ebay as a 7 day auction format....
The bidding can really whip up that way...
No guarantee's but I think that your best bet....

Teddy

Braden,,
I don't know you at all,,
I hope you don't mind my saying so but my greatest compliments on your handling of the matter..
You're doing a fine job...

List the hardware as separate, individual items on ebay as a 7 day auction format....
The bidding can really whip up that way...
No guarantee's but I think that your best bet....

Teddy

That's been the backup plan, I just wanted to see if someone here would want to take them.

Braden

I really do think that listing individual 7 day auctions on ebay
will yield you the most money for the woman.......
( it'll also move the stuff the fastest )...

Teddy

Hi Braden,,
Is this you on ebay----- silveroakredpine........
I will help a bit if these 2 auctions are yours......

Teddy

yet another endeavor!

The PML Small Endeavor. Again, built with amazing detail, though, this one has some paint issues and suffered a hard landing, which caused it to pop one of the lower fins loose. This could be a great little flier added to your fleet, just needs a little surgery! This also has the chute, shock cord, and everything you need. Also includes the HAMR 38mm aluminum motor retainer.

Cost when new:
Kit $89.95
Retainer: $28.95
Total before shipping: $118.90

For this kit, we are asking $70+shipping

View attachment 262748View attachment 262749View attachment 262750

As I mentioned before, don't be afraid so send me an offer, we can work out a price on whatever it is you might want. We may be willing to individually sell things as well, for the right price, but we do need to get these sold ASAP.

Thanks for looking!

Braden

Is the rear fin actually broken from the airframe or is the paint just peeling back?

Alright guys, haven't had any offers on anything, so I'll do a few adjustments myself.

How about the 38-480 and 54-1280 with the plugged 38 closure and the 38mm seal disk, as well as plugged 54 closure and both rear closures for $200 shipped.

Braden

For whatever reason its always hard to sell new stuff

Another price drop.

The unbuilt endeavor kit for $100+ Shipping. This is a great kit for L2. It'll fly on anything from big Is to 54mm Ls.

Braden

Hi Braden,,
Is this you on ebay----- silveroakredpine........
I will help a bit if these 2 auctions are yours......

Teddy

Yes, that is me. I appreciate it!

Is the rear fin actually broken from the airframe or is the paint just peeling back?

The fin cracked loose from the motor tube, but it didn't break. It will need to be re-glued and new fillets will need to be applied. Like I said, shoot me an offer if you're interested.

Braden

Braden:

Is this combo still for sale? I am interested in both.

[email protected]

Thanks

Curtis S.
TRA 3976 L3
NAR 72953 L3

Braden

Latest posts

Back