Missle Works RRC3 problem

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killachrome

Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm trying to get my RRC3 ready for our 4H high powered launch in a few weeks. However, I noticed a few this wrong with my RRC3.

1) The tone is low like it doesn't have enough current going through it. I tried multiple wires, connectors and batteries. Also tried various piezo settings, but that only changes the frequency.

2) The RRC3 fails to go into program mode. It just beeps 2 times and then cycles again after a second delay. I only have the battery connect so it should be giving me 3 after a 5 second delay between turn on.

There is no damage or residue on any of the components. Any help from anyone would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Contact Jim at Missile Works. He is really good at taking care of customers. He will get you all fixed with that.

Thanks! I contacted him and just waiting back for a response. I'll post an update on the solutions so if someone has similar problems they can hopefully fix them.

Jim was supposed to be on a business trip this week. You might not hear back from him for a couple days.

I figured out the problem. The kids did a cold solder on one of the connections on my magnetic switch, so I guess they'll have to do it again :)

Correct. It looked like they soldered it correctly, but I tugged on it and it broke off. :bangpan:

Glad to hear you figured it out!

Later!

--Coop

Back