Show us your Stickershock!!! Looking for photos with Stickershock23 vinyl

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

75Grandville

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So I thought it would be cool to see if we could get a gallery of Mark's work! I did a search, and didn't see anything comparable. Here's my starter:

I volunteer at an organization that serves at-risk youth. I've started a rocketry program, and we meet weekly. The intro rocket we've been using is the Estes Wizard. I thought it would be fun to introduce them to upscaling. So we made a ~3 x upscale of the Wizard using BT-70. One of the participants cut the fins out of 1/8" plywood, and they helped assemble it.

AFAIK, these stickers are among the last that Mark made before he had to take a hiatus. I told him what they were for, and he had them out that same day! The rocket looks awesome, we had a great maiden flight on a D12, and all the participants signed it. They keep it in the common area for all to see. Hoping to take it out to a UROC launch and put it up on an E, then maybe an F.

Anywho, it's a great example of Mark's awesome work. Here are before and after shots. Notice how it looks 5000% better with Stickershock vinyl!

IMG_0972.jpgIMG_0819.jpg

So, let's see your Stickershock!

Last edited:
Here is my Level 2 rocket, the Shadow XXL. Mark did a superb job on the vinyl as always!

me_shadow2.jpg

IMGP2063edit.jpg

IMGP2061edit.jpg

IMGP2144edit.jpg

Easily, this is the most complicated decal he ever made. This took so many emails that Hotmail couldn't handle them all as replies, and a second email chain had to be started (and it nearly maxed hotmail out too).

15306702797_1accd7679c_k.jpg

The image above is an actual photograph, below is a simulation showing the other side of the rocket using the decal file that we made together.

15470087576_9a5fca3e04_b.jpg

And just before its first flight:

Last edited:
My browsers at work are too old to upload pics. Will try to remember when I get home.

Carl, that is gorgeous. Did you design it and have Mark print it, or did he help with the design? Love to know details....

It won't let me load pictures !?! :eyeroll:
Good idea for a thread though,
I'll see later if it will work later

BOB Launch 2010 002.web.jpg

7.5" Fatboy with a central 98mm motor mount plus three 38mm and three 29mm motor mounts and Stickershock Vinyl.
Two bad landings resulting in two broken fins. :mad:

Mark I am going to need some replacement vinyl when things settle down. :grin:
Take care of your family first, I can wait.
Thanks

Attachments

• 4in Fatboy last flight-2-W.jpg
    4in Fatboy last flight-2-W.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 217
Thanks for the kind words. Mark *WAS* the design. All I did was suggest a general idea and get out of the way.

+1 on all of my rockets.........
I give Mark the basic ideas or gist of where I'm going with this build and get the heck out of his way........lol...
He is unfreakinbelievable,,, he has such an artistic flair for design,, I never would have suspected it.........
Man I sure wish I could upload some pics..

Teddy

I asked Mark for shark's teeth and eyes for my LOC Door Knob and he nailed it.

A few months later my daughter said "I like your rocket but it looks too mean. Can we do a silly dog face on mine?" There's a tongue hanging out on the other side of the nose cone.

Bees.jpg

I asked Mark for shark's teeth and eyes for my LOC Door Knob and he nailed it.

A few months later my daughter said "I like your rocket but it looks too mean. Can we do a silly dog face on mine?" There's a tongue hanging out on the other side of the nose cone.

View attachment 262719

Now that's too cool Chris.....lol...
Tell her I think her's is wayyyy tooo coollllll......lol...

Teddy

My Super Alpha III and Super Alpha III Goony 3-Fin 4-Fin 2-Stage.

alphas1.jpg

IMGP2693.JPG

IMGP2694.JPG

It took some doing to post these pictures, why I don't know never had trouble before :confused2:

Madcow sea wolf

EX Screamin Eagle

seawolf 030.jpg

sea13.jpg

ex 021A.JPG

Last edited:
There is currently a problem with the 'regular' way of posting pictures. If you click on "Go Advanced" and then "Manage Attachments" it works.

Some seriously good looking birds here! Well done, all of you.

Last edited:
022.jpgone bad hawk stempunk 3.jpg

Hey,,
It worked..

Teddy

Attachments

• IMG_3448.jpg
    IMG_3448.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 301
SteamPunk K 960 W.jpgIMG_3441.jpg

Check these...

Make certain to blow up the image that Mark used to create the wrap for SteamPunk..
This is the reason I call Mark artistic........super cool...

Teddy

The is currently a problem with the 'regular' way of posting pictures. If you click on "Go Advanced" and then "Manage Attachments" it works.

Some seriously good looking birds here! Well done, all of you.

Thank you VERY much Carl...........

Teddy

The is currently a problem with the 'regular' way of posting pictures. If you click on "Go Advanced" and then "Manage Attachments" it works.

Or you can upload them to Flickr and share them here.

My Leviathan, striping by Mark.
100_3569.jpg

My X-Celerator "Sky Burner" with a full body wrap by Mark, no paint on this at all.
XCel1.jpg

Back