Rocket Display Stand

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JERRYR708

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

This is my first Thread on the forum. I opened up a bin in my garage that was full of rockets that were laying on top of each other and collecting dust. I wanted to display them, but most of them had motor retainers, boat tails or just wouldn't balance right without leaning or falling over.

I was tinkering in the garage with some leftover bass wood and created a rocket display stand that resembles a mini launch pad. I'm making interchangeable wires of different lengths to give different stages of the rocket leaving the pad. I dyed a cotton ball orange and pulled it into a point and hid the wire to look like a flame coming out. I still have to paint the stand and put a small ladder on the personnel platform.

Do you display them on stands, hang them from the ceiling, lean then against a wall or box them up? Tell me what you think and share your ideas.

Thanks, Jerry

IMG_7513.JPG

IMG_7505.JPG

IMG_7504.JPG

Do you display them on stands, hang them from the ceiling, lean then against a wall or box them up? Tell me what you think and share your ideas.

Thanks, Jerry

Most of mine are standing on the little yellow display stands that Estes sells, which resemble little Port-a-pads, on shelves and such in my shop. A couple of retired models are hanging from the ceiling. Ceiling height, ductwork and plumbing limit how many though.

Mine are hanging from the ceiling , hanging on the wall in the bedroom, standing on the entertainment center,leaning against the wall and standing on the floor---I need to get organized !!

Any of mine that need stands, have stands. But, for sure not as nice as yours! Cool!

Mine lay in boxes with a little bubblewrap. No one wants to look at them. :sigh:

Ravenex, thanks for supporting this new rocketeer's first thread by being the first to respond after soo many views.

EXPjawa, the yellow display stand is how I got the idea for mine. I was too cheap to buy them and thought it would be neat to make one and put the money toward needed rocket supplies.

hornet driver, my wife lets me have the same freedom to express my hobbies throughout the whole house like you. She loves me or feels sorry for me.

mikemech and Moon Knight, thanks for the nice comments.

Bat-mite, they probably appreciate them more when they see them in the air lit up just like a Christmas tree only during the Christmas holiday all lit up.

Nice craftsmanship and excellent photography. I like photo #2 hovering shot :)

I have a few that came with my Qualman fin alignment jigs SHOWN HERE and I made some lo-tek using a square of foam board with a spent motor casing glued in the center. Nobody ever sees mine either, so wtf!

zenithII.jpg
I made this for my son's small model rockets. You can make it any size or length you need, just a decorative piece of wood from Lowes or HD and drill the holes, glue in some wooden dowels and your done. I plan on making a larger one for my mid power rockets.

Thanks accpool for the nice comments. I should have used my longer wire for a more dramatic photo of the rocket lifting higher off the pad. The wire is long enough to give the rocket a little weathercock in mid air.

Gary Byrum, The spent motor casings are a good way to recycle those used motors. Thanks.

PokerJones, I love the decorative wooden display stand. You can display more rockets in a small space. I also like the way they lean at an angle

Last edited:
Back