One down, more to go....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Since the de rigueur method for displaying new builds seems to be on a set of stairs, here is the first of my winter builds to be completed: Twilight.

This is perhaps the most traditional of my latest projects, so she ended up getting finished first. The others are more eclectic and require more time in finishing.

Twilight stands 48" tall but weighs only 7.75 oz without motors. I am planning a D12/E9 combo for the maiden flight at NSL.

17392963852_9f3f638a8a_o.jpg

Separation at the top...must be stuffed?
Anywhoo---looks like you are in the Zone...:wink:

I love joined fins on two stagers--such a nice clean design--and hard to do correctly!! Looks like you nailed it --very nice :wink:

I love joined fins on two stagers--such a nice clean design--and hard to do correctly!! Looks like you nailed it --very nice :wink:

Thanks Hornet. Yeah, I knew the joined fins were going to be a challenge, so I tried a new technique.

What I did with these fins was to paper the upper and lower stage fins TOGETHER. The paper held them together as single units, so it was like gluing on 3 single, large fins. Once the fillets were dry, I cut the paper apart.

Thanks Hornet. Yeah, I knew the joined fins were going to be a challenge, so I tried a new technique.

What I did with these fins was to paper the upper and lower stage fins TOGETHER. The paper held them together as single units, so it was like gluing on 3 single, large fins. Once the fillets were dry, I cut the paper apart.

What a great idea !!! I'm stealing it !! OK, OK, Can I borrow it??

Great idea LW and superlative execution! Looks fast.

Very cool LW! Change the colors a bit and it could morph into a steampunk'd Astron Avenger.

While the paint was drying on the "major" projects, I finally got this little guy finished.

(I had a helluva time trying to get a decent pic. I probably should have waited until tomorrow to get an outdoor shot, but I wanted to show some kind of progress!)

cobra.jpg

"Rule #1 of Airplane Design: Know where to steal good ideas."
- Bob Parks

Back