Balsa prep/sanding

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question: I know CA won't stick to a plastic sandwich bag. Will it stick to the kind of plastic cheap food service gloves are made of? I was thinking of wearing some of those when I attempt to fill a balsa transition I'm using, but I don't know if the non-stickiness applies to all types of plastic.

Depends what kind of plastic they are made from. The common ones are (I think) polyethylene and vinyl. CA won't stick to PE but will stick to vinyl. However, the flexible vinyl might peel off of stiff cured CA.

I'm with Afterburners on this one. Keep fingers well away.

I found a little rocket time today. So o sanded down the wood filler and primer and put on another coat of sanding sealer.

Here is another pic

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1431200117.819766.jpg

Found some more Rocket Time today. This is the first coat. It's not perfect but it has a lot of learning moments. I think it will look OK when I am done.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1431490750.099027.jpg

Well thanks for all the advice. I still need to put the coat of Future on it but I need to wait till I can find another sheet of decals because have of them didn't slide off too well.

All the advice on the balsa work was very helpful. I think it turned out OK for a learning kit. I can't wait to start my next one.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1433016736.456619.jpg

Back