In Case You Were Wondering......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, he's expressed his feelings about TRF several times, and isn't shy about it at all. He appears to be done. Not sure if there's more to the story that I haven't seen, but from what I can tell he REALLY didn't like the ads, the option to pay to have them removed, the option to use free adblocker software to avoid the whole thing, and the moderation that he saw as very heavy handed.

He had a lot of great information to add to a lot of posts and I'll miss his input. Sorry to see him go.

Now I only have to ignore half of what he posts. Scott has done some welcomed tightening up on YORF that should keep it from getting over run with non rocketry related stuff.

Now I only have to ignore half of what he posts. Scott has done some welcomed tightening up on YORF that should keep it from getting over run with non rocketry related stuff.

That obviously doesn't include their Off Topic forum. Nothing close to rockets in there.

I'm a member over there too, though I don't contribute much. I should and likely will. Lack of a mobile app has held me back, mostly. I hate using web browsers on my phone.

Some of the folks there make a point of comparing the YORF experience as a less moderated and more adult place compared to TRF. Presumably that will change. Either way, the YORF admin runs it on his own dime as a service to the hobby and should be praised. But I bet he pissed off some of his most frequent visitors!

I don't know... I like it here. People here are nice and never had any issues. I know there have been some changes but that seems to be the norm nowadays. Just nice to have a place to come talk rockets

I'll miss OL JR.

Lately, my visits to TRF have been somewhat spotty due to lot of other things going on (life). So sometimes when I come back there appears to be a bit of drama going on and am left thinking "What did I miss?" It's kind of like watching a show on TV then leaving the room for a bit, only to find all sorts of action going on when you return. Often I have to read some other posts to get a sense of what happened, but even then I often have pieces missing from the puzzle. So I just shrug and move on.

Over the past several months, YORF got so obnoxious (actually it was just one user) that I seldom visited. Sad really, as when I joined several years ago it was great with a lot of good dialog going on.

Forums will only be as good as the people who post to them. Good moderators (those who actually care about fairness and the general "vibe" of the forum) have a tough job. When the two are combined they can make for a great experience.

Greg

Over the past several months, YORF got so obnoxious (actually it was just one user) that I seldom visited. Sad really, as when I joined several years ago it was great with a lot of good dialog going on.

Forums will only be as good as the people who post to them. Good moderators (those who actually care about fairness and the general "vibe" of the forum) have a tough job. When the two are combined they can make for a great experience.

Greg
Hi Greg,

As of yesterday I've made a major change to keep the forum from getting out of hand anymore. You can read about it here:

https://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=15033

Man, this hobby forum business is serious stuff. I don't wonder why Troj bailed any more. Many thanks to ALL our fine hosts.

Back