Vendors posting merchandise in this section now?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Something strange. There have not been any new vendor posts in the vendor section since the 29th April it looks like. But new ones are appearing here. Is this where we should now be selling our wares? Looks like others have begun to do so.

Just want to know.

I have posted in the Vendors section successfully in the past...
I have read of other vendors saying they suddenly can no longer make a new thread in that section...
A week ago I tried to make a new thread in that section and I wasn't allowed,, maybe improper permission ???
Something is definitely going on with that section....

Teddy

From what I've heard, under the new ownership, you have to request access to it, and, perhaps, pay a fee.

Nate

We also have do not have permission to post in the vendor section. So as was feared from the get go, this change of ownership is all about the money.

I have posted in the Vendors section successfully in the past...
I have read of other vendors saying they suddenly can no longer make a new thread in that section...
A week ago I tried to make a new thread in that section and I wasn't allowed,, maybe improper permission ???
Something is definitely going on with that section....

Teddy

I have had a few dealings with the new ownership and have had no problems..
Seemed a pleasure to deal with to me...
I do believe he / they made some technical changes that were quite difficult to jive out
and are still coming back to bite them in the arss..
I think that is where this comes from,,
one day you have permission,, the next you don't ,, then you do again..
I'm not certain of course,,
but I think it's an issue where one thing is changed and it affects many things down the line..

I think they changed one thing maybe they shouldn't have and it keeps making other things not work when other changes are made....

Teddy

The changes to the Vendors forum are intentional. You need to buy a Vendor sponsership and you get to post in the Vendors section and get a free banner ad. I wish it were still free but I understand the concept that paying for ads that put money in your pocket is fair, unless you are a charity and giving away free stuff....

TRF is not a "labor of love" anymore. Its now got to cover its costs and recoup the huge "windfall" bequeathed to the previous owner...:wink:

Last edited:
John while I understand they need to keep the lights on. Most of the vendors post here as a courtesy not a business investment. TRF went from a labor of love to someone's idea of a money making machine.

I haven't noticed any new posts in the vendor section lately, so I may not be the only one that feels this way. I no longer have a monkey in this circus so........

Yes, you have to be a registered (i.e. paid) member and you have to request access to the Vendors section. It's only a few bucks a month, it's the cheapest marketing tool you're going to get anywhere on the planet.

$300 a year. I tried for the last several years to get a paid banner ad with no luck. Kinda skeptical at this point.

I just LOVE the new way of being able to post to the vendors section... NOT! :eyeroll:

So if I have a post that's directed at any particular vendor... I can forget it... :eyeroll:

If you see ads in this forum please click the Report function so they can be removed. This forum is only for consumer reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back