Eggtimer response time

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iter

HPR Glider Driver
Reaction score
I'm building a rocket I plan to fly at TCC Dairy Aire on May 16th. I have everything for this rocket except a tracker. I even have the antennas that Cris Erving recommends for the EggFinder.

I reached out to Cris on Thursday asking for an EggFinder TRS. I don't want to be on his case--I realize Cris has a life outside of rocketry. I am curious what his typical turnaround times are, so I can set my own expectations. It may be that I simply waited too long before deciding that I need a tracker for this launch. I know many people here bought his kits and had great success with them, I'm curious if any of them can comment on typical schedules.

Ari.

I've no experience with how long it takes his packages to get mailed within us. But as far as reponse to emails and the like he is usually pretty quick.

Cris is usually very quick to both answer emails and turn orders around....

Teddy

Chris is quick on emails , I don't recall ever waiting over 24 hrs for PayPal invoice

Cris shipped my TRS to Connor on 3/19, and I had the completed unit in my hands on 4/11. Seems reasonable to me.

I'll echo the other comments that Cris has always been quick to respond and to ship as well. I've ordered a few times and traded some emails with questions or feedback, mostly on the TRS. Most recently, I ordered an Eggfinder TX on the last day of his Easter sale (Sunday, 4/5) to replace the one destroyed in my Excel w/DD crash, and even asked for an unusual default frequency. It was invoiced that evening, I paid for it Monday morning, it shipped Wednesday (4/8) USPS Priority Mail 2-Day, and I had it on 4/10 (still have to solder it together to fly at Dairy Aire). That was an EF TX, the TRS is probably selling better at this point and I'm not sure if he's recovered from the Easter sale yet. So my guess would either just be bad timing with some weekend activity, or perhaps he's missing some parts to put together a TRS order.

Last edited:
Thanks. In this case, I won't bug Cris but let him take care of his weekend.

Ari.

Ari, Are you waiting for a TRS or just a Eggfinder Tx? If it's just the Tx, I have a couple of unbuilt ones. I can send you one. If you just need some one to track your rocket at DA, I'll be there and have "things" you can borrow.

Tony

I'm kitting up both of them tonight, so your order should be going out as soon as it's paid. I only have a few unshipped orders, they were waiting on RF modules which I received Saturday.

Thank you Tomy! I was planning to get TRS in the 4" Bluefin Tuba, but your offer changes things. I can install another altimeter for deployment and use your transmitter for TCC, and then when I connect with Cris, I can sort this out.

I'd be grateful for a loaner TX.

Thank you again.

Ari.

It looks like Cris's and my posts crossed in the mail!

I'm sitting here credit card in hand ready to pay as soon as I get an email I can respond to. I'm the one with an address in Sunnyvale, Calif.

Ari.

Ari, Are you waiting for a TRS or just a Eggfinder Tx? If it's just the Tx, I have a couple of unbuilt ones. I can send you one. If you just need some one to track your rocket at DA, I'll be there and have "things" you can borrow.

Tony

Tony, do you have my mailing address?

For now, I'm installing a StratoLogger in my AV bay, and leaving room for your loaner EggFinder TX. I can give it back to you after the flight, or buy a replacement from Cris at leisure.

There's relatively little room inside the rocket, and "things" with long antennas may be more of a challenge than last time this came up. OTOH, this rocket is dual-deploy, so it may be less critical :=) I'm planing a relatively low, ~7,000 shake-down flight.

Mostly, I want to see how an EggFinder would work in my application.

Ari.

Ari, I do not have your mailing address. Do you want a built or un built Tx? I can ring them to DA, I also have Beeline Tx that will work to. I'll need your mailing address. PM me.
I'm heading out of town for a few days in about 2 hours.

Tony

Thanks Tony. You have PM. I'm happy for either a built or an unbuilt unit, I can solder it together.

I would prefer to have it installed in the rocket before I show up for DA. Leah and Amy are coming with me, and I prefer to minimize on-site building time :=)

Ari.

Tony, wow, your TX is here already!

Thanks Tony!

Ari.

I just got "a shipping label has been prepared for your item" email about my TRS. Thank you Cris!

Unlikely that it makes it here in time the DA, but I'm looking forward to assembling it anyway.

Ari.

You're gonna want to take your time on the TRS anyway; it's not a project that you can throw together in an hour or two. I'm planning to be at DA, so hunt me down if you get a chance... I'll be the old guy with the "Cat" hat.

You're gonna want to take your time on the TRS anyway; it's not a project that you can throw together in an hour or two. I'm planning to be at DA, so hunt me down if you get a chance... I'll be the old guy with the "Cat" hat.

Wait a minute......
Never underestimate the value of good innocent entertainment.........
Cat hat ???????
Care to elaborate Cris without the "h".....
And yes I know,,, like Roseann Rosanna Danna,, I sure ask a lot of questions for as guy from New Jersey.....lol....

Teddy

Send it to me I'll get it done in less then 20min ;) HAHA. Have fun with it it's a great unit.

You're a lot faster than me... I couldn't do one that fast if I silkscreened solder paste on the board and baked it. :)

And yes I know,,, like Roseann Rosanna Danna,, I sure ask a lot of questions for as guy from New Jersey.....lol....

Teddy
"Mr. Feder, you sure do ask a lot of questions for a guy from New Jersey,"
Too dang funny Teddy.

"Mr. Feder, you sure do ask a lot of questions for a guy from New Jersey,"
Too dang funny Teddy.

HA,,,
You know what I told Cris when he said that to me,,,,,
NOW you're really showin your age.......lol...

Teddy

Back