want better Aerotech updates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
I love Aerotech, but something is wrong when the current catalog is half a decade old.

What are new thunder and super thunder? When the heck can we buy propellent X? What in blazes is up with case production?

Hah, too true. It gets sad when people jump to other vendors as a result, though.

I'm drifting toward loki, but that has more to do with more variety in the 38/1200 case, and no hazmat in the "little" 38's.

I'll always fly AT 29's and J510W's.... and that 54/1706 case owns me. But it'd be nice if someone just put all the thrust curves THEY ALREADY HAVE into one document and clicked "print .pdf" :confused2:

Last edited:
I keep hearing about motors I didn't know existed. I shouldn't have to hunt through the internet to find out what new reloads are available for my hardware. new being less than 5 years old!

I know this isn't a solution to the problem but you can find every currently certified motor here.

+1 more to the line, anyone actually sent Aerotech a complaint email or better yet an email with links to the forums posts about their company.

every time someone someone says "aerotech" on the forums this comes up. They've said the catalog cost too much to produce. We all point out we don't want a catalog, just a current listing of motors, thrust curves and maybe some data all listed in one place. They have the data, but for some reason refuse to organize it into a single document.

If they don't have what you want, you make it yourself. I made an excel sheet with all the motor offerings across all the vendors tailored to my needs, and that includes what load is available for what casing, and I highlight what casings i own. For me personally i do not need thrust curves or burn times to decided what motor i put in my rocket, but they again you could tailor the excel to your needs, maybe not with the thrust curve but many with burn times ect.

If they don't have what you want, you make it yourself. I made an excel sheet with all the motor offerings across all the vendors tailored to my needs, and that includes what load is available for what casing, and I highlight what casings i own. For me personally i do not need thrust curves or burn times to decided what motor i put in my rocket, but they again you could tailor the excel to your needs, maybe not with the thrust curve but many with burn times ect.

I appreciate this notion and agree, but some information we simply cannot find on our own. I am still looking for a good description of new thunder and super thunder.

I scanned all the years and all I see is the announcement of a super thunder motor, no description of the propellant, and no mention of new thunder.

Come to think of it, the Cesaroni propellant page stinks too, full of mismatched pictures and even placeholder text. The Apogee web site is much better than either vendor!

I appreciate this notion and agree, but some information we simply cannot find on our own. I am still looking for a good description of new thunder and super thunder.
If anyone wants that Excel sheet ill be more than happy to email it to them. I have listings of all motors that i know of, however some are OPP when you get to AMW, Kosdon, and some AT. sorry to get off topic.

I love Aerotech, but something is wrong when the current catalog is half a decade old.

What are new thunder and super thunder? When the heck can we buy propellent X? What in blazes is up with case production?
No idea what those propellants are, either. And what is "RMS-EZ"??
Half of the line of DMS motors I've never heard of...

As far as hardware production goes, I heard that Tom Rouse isn't in the business anymore and sold that line of product back to Aerotech. Beyond that I have no idea...

No idea what those propellants are, either. And what is "RMS-EZ"??
Half of the line of DMS motors I've never heard of...

As far as hardware production goes, I heard that Tom Rouse isn't in the business anymore and sold that line of product back to Aerotech. Beyond that I have no idea...

RMS-EZ is the new AT forward closure design. It is replaces the forward closure stuff you assemble with a factory constructed module. You then put it in the new forward closure and screw it in- really simple. So far only 38mm.

RMS-EZ is the new AT forward closure design. It is replaces the forward closure stuff you assemble with a factory constructed module. You then put it in the new forward closure and screw it in- really simple. So far only 38mm.
Interesting - so they come with a pre-assembled thingamabobber and you thread that into place instead of the standard forward closure?

Interesting - so they come with a pre-assembled thingamabobber and you thread that into place instead of the standard forward closure?

The thingababobber drops in like the floating forward closure of the adapter kit. A separate retaining ring is used.

AT38FCRR.JPG

AT38mmAdapter1.jpg

AT38mmAdapter2.jpg

As far as hardware production goes, I heard that Tom Rouse isn't in the business anymore and sold that line of product back to Aerotech.

I hear that Aerotech is attempting to kill off their own business, by making it impossible to purchase new hardware during this indefinite transition.

This is like business 101. If you have a product, make sure your customers can give you money for it.

The thingababobber drops in like the floating forward closure of the adapter kit. A separate retaining ring is used.

Thank you both for the visuals! That all makes sense now.

I hear that Aerotech is attempting to kill off their own business, by making it impossible to purchase new hardware during this indefinite transition.

This is like business 101. If you have a product, make sure your customers can give you money for it.
I didn't want to say that explicitly, but I've been hearing that kind of thing as well... An "indefinite transition," indeed.

Not sure what you mean by this? I'm assuming you mean they've run out of Rousetech stock in some sizes, and don't have Aerotech cases in stock in those sizes either.

...On the Sirius website, I do see Aerotech cases shown for some of the sizes where they've apparently run out of Rousetech cases. In some sizes they don't have either brand.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by this? I'm assuming you mean they've run out of Rousetech stock in some sizes, and don't have Aerotech cases in stock in those sizes either.

...On the Sirius website, I do see Aerotech cases shown for some of the sizes where they've apparently run out of Rousetech cases. In some sizes they don't have either brand.

That is exactly what I meant. I apologize for the negativity; Aerotech is a company that has meant a lot to me over the years and I hate to see them making mistakes like this.

They recently increased their prices, so maybe they are doing that so that they can afford to have someone come and update their "Catalog"???:confused:

That is exactly what I meant. I apologize for the negativity; Aerotech is a company that has meant a lot to me over the years and I hate to see them making mistakes like this.
I couldn't agree more, watermelonman!

They're just making the hard working vendors like Loki look reaaaaal good.

Funny, I find myself flying more and more AT motors now. I could care less about a catalogue. For what I want to do, I know what they have. I also know where I can go to get more information is I need it. My only wish is they put the longest delays in every motor they make from here on out. With the delay tool, no need to put reloads out there with 10 second delays. Personally I could kick myself for not flying AT motors a heck of a lot sooner.

I agree with Grouch. Even though their sales info is as outdated as it is, I'm still buying their motors more than any other. There's more than enough info out there if you ask or use a simple search function.

There's more than enough info out there if you ask or use a simple search function.
Sure, everyone can individually spend THEIR time researching something that those in the know could easily produce themselves and I'm not talking about a fancy color catalog but simply a maintained spreadsheet of all motors AT currently manufactures. Data columns could be such things as delay times, total impulse, price, hazmat/nonhazamat, etc. How long would it take AT to produce something like that. An hour?

I agree with Grouch. Even though their sales info is as outdated as it is, I'm still buying their motors more than any other. There's more than enough info out there if you ask or use a simple search function.

Yeah but that's kind of silly - don't you think? A multi-employee company can't keep their web site up to date but a one man operation (Loki) can? On Loki's web site now on almost all of the reload descriptions there's a link to a picture to the reload in action. Pretty sweet if you ask me...

Maybe AT employees are spending too much time posing for ads with some sort of odd reference to casings as wind-chimes or some such nonsense...

HHHMMMMMM

Back