I Finally Got Out And Launched.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Last Saturday evening I got a call from Joanne's oldest son Ben who wanted to bring his twelve year old son (Nathan) and his new friend to launch some rockets. Boy, did I jump all over that!! Ben had the Estes Shuttle Express while I brought just a few Crayons, Alpha III and an SR-71 and flew everything on A-B-C engines. The shuttle on B's, the Crayons on B's and C's, the Alpha on B's and the Blackbird on B's and C's.

Nathan's friend had never seen rockets fly so this was just the epitome in model rocketry when you can show a child their first rocket launch! No casualties to speak of with the exception of the Blackbird getting a hole punched in the top wrap from the cone, but no interior damage so it was able to continue to fly. Nathans friend upon recovery even told me it was probably a nosecone strike which truly impressed me!

We had a total of thirteen launches. I prepped while everyone chased. That's my kind of rocketry! Everyone had such a great time and Nate's friend could not stop thanking me for bringing him along. I told him I want to do it again with him as soon as possible. Now Nate wants a payload rocket so I told Ben I would buy something for him on me along with supplying engines, wadding etc.

I am so,so happy to have finally gotten out to do this!! It really felt good after I got used to being outside. :grin:

Last Saturday evening I got a call from Joanne's oldest son Ben who wanted to bring his twelve year old son (Nathan) and his new friend to launch some rockets. Boy, did I jump all over that!! Ben had the Estes Shuttle Express while I brought just a few Crayons, Alpha III and an SR-71 and flew everything on A-B-C engines. The shuttle on B's, the Crayons on B's and C's, the Alpha on B's and the Blackbird on B's and C's.

Nathan's friend had never seen rockets fly so this was just the epitome in model rocketry when you can show a child their first rocket launch! No casualties to speak of with the exception of the Blackbird getting a hole punched in the top wrap from the cone, but no interior damage so it was able to continue to fly. Nathans friend upon recovery even told me it was probably a nosecone strike which truly impressed me!

We had a total of thirteen launches. I prepped while everyone chased. That's my kind of rocketry! Everyone had such a great time and Nate's friend could not stop thanking me for bringing him along. I told him I want to do it again with him as soon as possible. Now Nate wants a payload rocket so I told Ben I would buy something for him on me along with supplying engines, wadding etc.

I am so,so happy to have finally gotten out to do this!! It really felt good after I got used to being outside. :grin:

:cool: Ain't it great?!

I'm jealous. My son was never into rocketry, and he still isn't. Although he does enjoy a good lawn dart or CATO.

Back