Airfest XXI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very few show the 'portant stuff.

What's loaded so far.

Two O's, an N, and two M's.:grin:

photoMA27175849-0002.jpg

Very few show the 'portant stuff.

What's loaded so far.

Two O's, an N, and two M's.:grin:

attachment.php

Sorry, I can't read the label on the " 'portant stuff" down there, but it looks empty so someone must be loaded....

My L3 rocket has been ground-tested. I need to brush up some of the documentation with minor changes and take a few final weights, but it should go up on a CTI M2045 on Saturday morning.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...-Build-Ultimate-Wildman&p=1493807#post1493807

I plan on flying several rocket in the F-M impulse range. I doubt there will be any two-stage action, but I hope to push my Punisher up there and fly high on a 38mm min. diameter at least once.

Doug

This years Airfest project is done. Fourth and final installment in my Arcas series; this one is 5" in diameter. Motor is an N3000 CCW which should put it to around 20,000 feet. The plan is to drag race GRIFFIN's 5" Arcas, also on an N.

DSC03345.jpg

Chuck,,
The Arcas has always been my all-time favorite rocket. ...
From that pic,, that's the nicest,, coolest Arcas I've ever seen....
I'm really going to enjoy that flight.....

Teddy

Chuck,,
The Arcas has always been my all-time favorite rocket. ...
From that pic,, that's the nicest,, coolest Arcas I've ever seen....
I'm really going to enjoy that flight.....

Teddy

Thanks Teddy!

This years Airfest project is done. Fourth and final installment in my Arcas series; this one is 5" in diameter. Motor is an N3000 CCW which should put it to around 20,000 feet. The plan is to drag race GRIFFIN's 5" Arcas, also on an N.

View attachment 270971

I don't know, that camera may be a handicap (or an excuse)--beautiful rocket BTW!

You guy's have to be kidding me...
My love for the Arcas goes back to my Aerotech Arcas...
That's a long time ago...
I absolutely can't wait to see these two.....
Just gorgeous....

Teddy

I don't know, that camera may be a handicap (or an excuse)--beautiful rocket BTW!

I wouldn't bet on who comes off the rail first, but Chuck's shiny paint job, slicker nosecone and smaller fins should get more altitude, despite the camera shroud. That is one beautiful rocket.
I'm not shunning you Griffin, the yellow is kinda nice too. Red is just faster looking.

Fins are identical. The hidden advantage I have is that mine is built with the new "lightweight" tubing.

The angle of the photos taken makes my find look bigger.

Good eye on the nose cone. Mine is 5:1 and Chucks is 6:1

OK, My son and I are registered and the hotel reservations have been made. I still don't know if everything will be ready in time, but even if they aren't we're coming even if all we can do is watch, we're still coming.

Crap.

Yet another change in plans. Now my son can't come so I'll be doing all the driving by myself.

That also means I can't justify the expense of staying in the hotel and am returning to the idea of camping. I don't mind the idea of primitive camping onsite, but since I sleep with a CPAP and I need electricity to charge batteries and phones and stuff, I'm not sure that is a workable idea.

Is there any electricity at the field at all or do I need to make reservations at the campground?

John,

The only power at the launch site is at the LCO position and at our storage container area. There isn't any available elsewhere on the field.

The campground may be your best option unless you get a better offer from someone.

--Lance.

Last edited:
Yellow or Red? Everybody know that Purple is faster and travels farther.

We also roll Jim to the pad and it's still noisy ( snap , crackle and pops), hey wait a minute, we're the same age, Dam'it .

Prep work is about done...
I just can't believe how excited I'm getting...
Jeezzz,, I've been to plenty of launches before....lol...

I just cain't wait........

Teddy

You guy's have to be kidding me...
My love for the Arcas goes back to my Aerotech Arcas...
That's a long time ago...
I absolutely can't wait to see these two.....
Just gorgeous....

Teddy

I decided to bring the big brother, Arcas-6, just for you :cheers:

arcas_done1.jpgarcas_done2.jpgarcas_done3.jpgarcas_done4.jpg

Woooowwwww,,,
You guy's r killin me man... lol...
That's no joke Chris,, I've never been to a launch like this....
I don't think I've ever even seen a 25K flight....
There are going to be so many insane flight you can't keep track of them....

Chuck,,
I didn't realize,,
that Arcas is 6" ???
That's got to be just gorgeous man...
The paint work looks fantastic too....
That's one I can't wait to see for sure,,,

Teddy

And here I am trying to get my 3" Madcow Little John ready.

I feel a little like the kid who shows up at a Hell's Angels reunion on a tricycle...

Chuck,,
I didn't realize,,
that Arcas is 6" ???
That's got to be just gorgeous man...
The paint work looks fantastic too....
That's one I can't wait to see for sure,,,

Teddy

The one with the decals is 6" diameter; I built that a number of years ago. The new one is 5". The 6 was already prepped and I have a 4 grain 98 M laying around so I figured I should bring it :)

Back