Airfest XXI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting more and more psyched as we get closer...
I really can't wait....

Teddy

I'm getting more and more psyched as we get closer...
I really can't wait....

Teddy

Teddy,
Let's recap what I know about at this point.
- There's one "P" motor flight!
- There's one four motor cluster flight of combined P impulse!
- I've kinda of lost count but there must be 6-8 O-3400's flying!
- There have been three high altitude requests turned in for flight above 40K'. (all of them approved).
- There are nearly two dozen high altitude requests sent in for flight between 25K' and 40K'.

The field will be set up with 33 high power pads capable of flying everything from H to O motor impulse. There will be 16 modroc pads. We have a portable wireless launch system to cover any special project that might warrant "bonus distance". There with be a Rocket inspection station both at the range head and at the entrance to the away pads.
Vendors galore, a food vendor on site (be sure to try the roasted corn), and the burger blast set for Saturday night.
I'm sure I missed something!
Bottom line, I certain you will have a great time!

See you all in three weeks,
Bob Brown

Bob,,
Man,, you've got to be kidding...
I don't even know where to start....
40K Ns on the pad !!!!
It's the high altitude flights that'll be something for me.....
I have a rocket I've been flying that airstarts 2 -- 38 mm motors...
Maybe I'll airstart 2 black loads high up,, leave a black streak at 10K.....
I'll have to work out some #'s.........

I am so psyched it's ridiculous.......

Teddy

Ooooo two black airstarts....Yeowsaa!! Cant wait to meet ya Teddy!

Thank you so much Bill,,
I can't wait to meet you too....
Did you see these pic's ??

IMG_6174.jpg

There are some cool pic's of this flight in this thread--

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?127232-A-very-cool-flight-today&highlight=cool+flight

This is one of the first airstart flights for this rocket-- "Europa Express"..
There's been a few more now and I'm starting to push it a bit........

Teddy

Teddy,
Let's recap what I know about at this point.
- There's one "P" motor flight!
- There's one four motor cluster flight of combined P impulse!
- There have been three high altitude requests turned in for flight above 40K'. (all of them approved).
- There are nearly two dozen high altitude requests sent in for flight between 25K' and 40K'.

The field will be set up with 33 high power pads capable of flying everything from H to O motor impulse. There will be 16 modroc pads. We have a portable wireless launch system to cover any special project that might warrant "bonus distance". There with be a Rocket inspection station both at the range head and at the entrance to the away pads.
Vendors galore, a food vendor on site (be sure to try the roasted corn), and the burger blast set for Saturday night.
I'm sure I missed something!
Bottom line, I certain you will have a great time!

See you all in three weeks,
Bob Brown

Jeez! The Big Dogs are out for this launch! I'm wondering if I will have time to fly any of my rockets with all this going on, maybe I should just bring a recliner and watch the show...

Naaahhh....

I'm all over the roasted corn....

EDIT: is the online application and payment the only requirement to become a TRA member? That seems pretty easy, and like it'd be worthwhile to do to get the most out of this event?
Yes - that works. Do it now and keep your receipt, just in case Deb at HQ can't get your card to you in time (I suspect she will).

--Lance.

Folks,
With all the unseasonal rain the rocket pasture has experienced this summer, finding rockets without them might become an exercise in futility! Bob

Thanks for the alert... you note unseasonal rain but the Kloudbuster main page bans sparkies?

Do you think Sparkies will in or out by launch date... or does it just depend on conditions launch week?

Thanks for the alert... you note unseasonal rain but the Kloudbuster main page bans sparkies?

Do you think Sparkies will in or out by launch date... or does it just depend on conditions launch week?
This question has already been answered in a PM.

The Sparky Ban will not be lifted until about 1 week prior to the launch when we verify the conditions at the field. Rain has little to do with our sparky motor policy. We will not launch sparky motors off anything except bare dirt. NO EXCEPTIONS.

--Lance.

Awww....cute little motors. ;)

Seriously, the O3400 is a nice motor!

Folks, if you're on the fence, you need to go to AirFest! Seriously, it's worthwhile!

-Kevin

Awww....cute little motors. ;)

Seriously, the O3400 is a nice motor!

Folks, if you're on the fence, you need to go to AirFest! Seriously, it's worthwhile!

-Kevin

Hey! Who's this stranger posting???? Hey Troj! Nice to see you stop by...
So, is this a launch that you don't just show up for a day? Not sure I can get away for the whole weekend, but maybe a day or two....

Adrian

Adrian-

I'm only going Friday and Saturday....get there if u can! It'll be my first time back to that field since LDRS in 1999! Can't wait!!

Preston

Hey! Who's this stranger posting???? Hey Troj! Nice to see you stop by...
So, is this a launch that you don't just show up for a day? Not sure I can get away for the whole weekend, but maybe a day or two....

Adrian

I am flying Full Scale Amraam courtesy of Curtis Turner of Rocketry Warehouse.

Here is the Open Rocket file.

The rocket comes in at 60 pounds with everything except motor. The rocket came in at 1.58 cal of stability without any nose weight. Altitude over 15,000 feet. Will go up on CTI O3400 IMAX

If any of these needs eyes in the sky for visual tracking, come watch your flight next to the Loki booth and I'll give you headings. I'll most likely be watching every one of them through my binoculars anyway. I've had lots of practice at Argonia watching them all the way up, and all the way down. Looking forward to it!

Also, stop by the booth and take a look at some of the things I "research" at Loki Research.
The Arizona crew and I will be flight testing a new single use 98mm composite nozzle in a 16,600Ns N-4500 Loki Blue in a 98/12,500 case. I might have a 76mm to test in a 11,500Ns motor as well. I'm not sure I'f I'll have time to prep that, or even find a rocket it will fit in for that matter. Grippo, you feel like shredding another rocket? ;-)

The 98mm.

If any of these needs eyes in the sky for visual tracking, come watch your flight next to the Loki booth and I'll give you headings. I'll most likely be watching every one of them through my binoculars anyway. I've had lots of practice at Argonia watching them all the way up, and all the way down. Looking forward to it!

Also, stop by the booth and take a look at some of the things I "research" at Loki Research.
The Arizona crew and I will be flight testing a new single use 98mm composite nozzle in a 16,600Ns N-4500 Loki Blue in a 98/12,500 case. I might have a 76mm to test in a 11,500Ns motor as well. I'm not sure I'f I'll have time to prep that, or even find a rocket it will fit in for that matter. Grippo, you feel like shredding another rocket? ;-)

The 98mm.

Cool! What kind of lathe do you have? That chuck looks familiar...

The Arizona crew and I will be flight testing a new single use 98mm composite nozzle in a 16,600Ns N-4500 Loki Blue in a 98/12,500 case.

Ooooh... I have one of those motors I bought "way back"--still have an N-3800 to burn but glad to see a new load being developed for it!

I would so love to, but no big (well even small) rockets for me until I get my knee replaced. :(

Get it done Dix,,
Everyone I've ever spoken to that had that done said the exact same thing---
I should've gotten this done sooner...

Teddy

I'm working on one of the avbays for "Loki-motion" today. It should be ready for the N-4500 by next month. I'm also bringing a couple of 76mm rockets, but the motor mounts probably won't be long enough for an 11,500 Ns motor. Dang!
How's the 54/4000 casings coming along?

Back