Airfest XXI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuck, I believe the Friday morning Pad 62 CATO was my Airguazu on a 75mm M2983 Mad River White. Let's just say propellant processing issues and let it go at that...... :sad:

Nahhh,,
No way Chuck,,
I remember Saturdays flight distinctly because I put "Europa Express" up on a Loki K 960 W
instead of a Loki J 820 W just because I was concerned about the wind and airstarting 2-- 38 mm black motors...
I wanted to be certain the rocket was already moving really fast before the airstart,,,
and it was,,, That K 960 W punched a fairly heavy rocket off the pad HARD...

The "SteamPunk" flight had to have gone up on Friday...
And Scott,, this rocket is 4" X about 10 ft... it's really long and slender looking...
Look at the video again,, this is why I thought that was "SteamPunk"...
And also in that vid the motor looked like a Loki Cocktail,,, not a Red,,, No ????

Teddy

And also in that vid the motor looked like a Loki Cocktail,,, not a Red,,, No ????

Looks like Cocktail, but not, I don't think it was. Terry Snemo was LCOing and it sounds like he says "the estimated altitude is 19,000 feet, pretty cool, Ray good luck".
Will Steam Punk hit 19,000' on 6,534Ns? I didn't think it was that light weight?

No,, you're 100% correct.. it did bout 13.5K... projected bout 14K...
But did you see how tall and thin that rocket was,, that's what really made me think that was it..
But Chuck said no way was that vid taken on Friday,,
And I know no way was the "SteamPunk" flight on Saturday...

I guess dats it..lol...

Thank you anyway Scott,, looks like you got the only shot I have of that flight...

Man am I sorry I didn't take pic's...

Teddy

The Violet research motor flight is Mike Hall with his rocket "Rolley Polley" on an N-1779 Vee-O-Lay motor that Ray Kinsel loaned me!!

I don't know who's drone that was, but I have to say, I was highly impressed by the guy flying the RC helicopter after hours the way he did in the 20+mph evening gusts. That was a lot of fun to watch. Thanks for the added entertainment. :)

+1 !!

I've seen R/C helicopters flown like that a few times in the past, but NEVER in the kind of wind we had out there on the field. What is the youngsters day these days...oh yeah!: Mad skilz, yo!

+1 !!

I've seen R/C helicopters flown like that a few times in the past, but NEVER in the kind of wind we had out there on the field. What is the youngsters day these days...oh yeah!: Mad skilz, yo!

lol,,,
Yep,, dats it Glenn...

Teddy

The Violet research motor flight is Mike Hall with his rocket "Rolley Polley" on an N-1779 Vee-O-Lay motor that Ray Kinsel loaned me!!

Wow Mike,,
That was a gorgeous flight...
That's too funny,, it was yours...
Good for you man....

Well,, this aught to teach me to not take pic's...lol...

Teddy

And of course all harnessing on-board was "Onebadhawk"!!

Thanks Teddy!!

lol,,,lol...

You've got it Mike...
Anytime...

Man,, you put up some hot flights,,,lol...

It sure was nice meeting you after all this time....

Teddy

Hey Mike,

By chance, is that the Ultimate Wildman you bought off me years ago? Love seeing things come full circle like that. Hard to tell from the video, but either way, nice flight and glad you all had a good time.

Got the Telemetrum you sold me converted to SMA last night so I can mount the antenna parallel to the unit.

Thanks again & take care

-s

Wow David,,
That's a really cool shot...
You got the entire flight line...
And it was a huge flight line...
It really is cool to pick yourself out...

Teddy

Wow David,,
That's a really cool shot...
You got the entire flight line...
And it was a huge flight line...
It really is cool to pick yourself out...

Teddy

But the line of flyers (and cars, and RV's, and tents, etc.) keeps on going. My car and easy-up are just to the right of where the photo ends, and the line goes on beyond that for at least another 50 yards. There were TONS of people there.

Still, this photo is WAY cool. Thanks for posting it.

Oh,,
I thought that was the end of the line...
That place sure was packed...
What a great launch,,
What a great time...

Teddy

It was my first time at Air Fest and I could only attend Friday. I wish I could have stayed and met more people. The venders were fantastic. It's really nice to meet the people you do business with.

I met my L3CC, Andrew Grippo, at Air Fest and he gave me the ok for my NAR level 3 attempt. Everything worked as planned. I can't wait for Air Fest 2016.

I love my new "Hooker Crew T-shirt Gary! Thank you so much. And thanks even more for the help with by new bummed tent. Congrats on your L3 bud! :)
Great,..... now I've got AC/DC stuck in my head just before bed......

Thank you for going to the trouble of taking the video's David...
Very cool to relive it a bit...

Is it too early to start arranging for next year ??? lol...

Teddy

Here are a couple pics of the flightline from where I was parked. One looking toward the entrance and the other away from the entrance.
flightline2.jpgflightline1.jpg

L1 pic.jpg

I've been busy but a couple weeks ago these came in the mail and I've just been too busy to get anything posted.

After thinking about it, and procrastinating, and then finally building but being frustrated by weather, the whole process took four or five years but as of Airfest I am now officially an L1.

Many thanks to Mike Dickinson from Oklahoma for patiently watching all three launch attempts and offering gentle and kind suggestions along the way. Thanks also to Kevin Trojanowski for his contributions and longstanding, patient, and enduring encouragement. And also thanks to Nate, the Texas Kloudbuster for his help and instruction and also to all of the Kloudbusters who made me welcome in their tent city.

Congratulations John,,
Good for you..
That 's a great feeling of accomplishment..

Teddy

Congratulations! Always glad to see another rocket enthusiast, and their achievements. Glad to be able to assist!

Mike D.

I finally edited the onboard footage from the N drag race. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;Qj1d4xkG_Ec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj1d4xkG_Ec[/video]

Back