Airfest XXI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John,,
That's really funny...
Me too...
My biggest to date is 4",, but it's a big 4",, lol,, it's got big shoulders on it,,, lol.....

Chuck,,
You are now officially "Da man"....
hey,, what the heck,,
I've got a 6" Arcas and a 98 mm 4 grain "M" layin around
so as long as I'm going to the coolest launch on the planet I may as well bring it..........lol...

Teddy

Bob or Lance. Do you guys still have the tower Jeff M donated, if so I would like to use it if possible. [for a 3in.]

Bob or Lance. Do you guys still have the tower Jeff M donated, if so I would like to use it if possible. [for a 3in.]

I'm bringing mine, will 6 ft. work for you? I've got 10 ft. rods, but wasn't planning on bringing them.
070.jpg

ou ou me to Wayco. hahahaha, sorry just had to do that.......

I'm bringing mine, will 6 ft. work for you? I've got 10 ft. rods, but wasn't planning on bringing them.

Thanks Wayco, I'm planning on flying the Punisher as a single stage, then a 2-stage.
6 would work fine for a sustainer flight. I really would feel better, finding at least a 8ft for the 2-stager.

I do have rail buttons on it, in case nothing available will fly off rail. Usually someone has one I can borrow.

CJ,

We do. I'm not sure who is slated to fly what out of it, but its pretty quick to adjust from 4" to 3".

--Lance.

Great Lance -know the length off hand?

Hi Jim,

Just heard back from Jeff. Tower is 10'.
I'm planning on setting it up on the 60's on Thursday or early Friday.
Will have to move it out to 88 on Sunday for a larger flight.

Chris

safe travels you guys! see you out on the pasture! :)

Nice looking fleet, you must be almost as obsessive as we are!
We're packing up Tuesday and driving to Holbrook, AZ. We call it "getting out of the gravity well". One of the disadvantages of living in a valley. Hope you aren't planning to drive all the way there in one shot, it must be over 20 hours from Calif. Be sure to look us up when you get there, we will be on the back row next to Wildman.

Have a good time guys/gals! Fly them straight and recover easily! Greg Olson Eric....Is there a problem with the Wisconsin Tripoli website? I haven't been able to access it for two weeks. It also won't let me log in. Thanks

Ok. Yesterday I put the Aeropak retainer on my Little John. This morning I put on a coat primer and the first coat of paint. The hotel reservation is cancelled. The reservation has been made at the Argonia River Park campground.

I've taken care of what I needed to do in my office.

I'm going to feed my fish, water the plants in my office and head home to start loading.

Glad to hear you're going after all John. I'll be staying a couple nights at the same campground and two night at a motel in Anthony.
Got the car packed and I'm heading west! See ya'll at the rocket pasture!

I just secured the airspace for Airfest! You now have 2,518 cubic miles of airspace to fly in! Let the fun begin!

We left yesterday, made it to our first stop in Holbrook, AZ. Today was much easier, spending the night in dalhart, TX. Be arriving tomorrow before noon.

Last edited:
Making my first trip out to AIRFest.
Should be fun.
I fired up one of the GPS trackers so you can follow our progress to AIRFest.
Just call it at 978-810-2840 it will hang up and then text back our location.
It's this one https://tinyurl.com/qxxwa3a

Making my first trip out to AIRFest.
Should be fun.
I fired up one of the GPS trackers so you can follow our progress to AIRFest.
Just call it at 978-810-2840 it will hang up and then text back our location.
It's this one https://tinyurl.com/qxxwa3a

The van is packed and leaving Minnesota as soon as I can finish up at work. Will make it down late tomorrow afternoon. Cannot wait!!! :clap:

Andy

I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon when my friend Rich gets off work.
When you have worked in the same plant for over 35 years the vacation can pile up so I am taking tomorrow off to load my truck. :tongue:
No special projects for me, just going to have fun, wander about, socialize and fly some rockets. :clap:

Back