...is he gone for good....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not. What he posted didn't bother me in the least, and I like Cruz.

Thirsty, I hope you find your way back...

From the frozen wasteland in the Himalayas..

Don't eat the snowcones...

Yeti.png

I don't know what happened, or even who we're talking about....

But yes, the mods here are a little more than overbearing. Relax, this really isn't fun anymore.

Thirsty got banned?
20.gif

Who else has the puns needed to keep me on my toes? :sad:

I think he was pulling the p*****cs card to encourage the mods to shut down the threads that desperately needed shutting down, and not out of some mean or rude agenda.

Last edited:
We need our crazy, eccentric barbarian back! :sigh::sad::cry:

Well I sure hope he's not gone forever. He was a funny guy, and like others said, I seriously doubt there was a meen agenda. Just some frustration, and good old misinterpreted humor. We'll see how it goes...

Nate

Thirsty got banned?
20.gif

Who else has the puns needed to keep me on my toes? :sad:

I think he was pulling the p*****cs card to encourage the mods to shut down the threads that desperately needed shutting down, and not out of some mean or rude agenda.

He was protesting political ads that show up. He was posting the text of them, as a way to demonstrate the hypocrisy in having no politics rules enforced for member speech, yet the forum admin(s) push politics at us (albeit randomly) in ads.

Personally I respect his action, which was basically the TRF equivalent of civil disobedience.

His "Turd Cruz" thread in the feedback section was a risky gambit meant to garner attention and foster change. Instead he got reportedly two infraction points.

Then he continued by posting in a watering hole thread the text of the ads he was seeing and apparently got banned.

I don't know if there was more to it than that. I may not have all the facts.

I feel the Admin could have stepped in and simply stated that they choose not to censor the ads, or that their ad tools don't provide for censoring politics out of them. But the Admin has been relatively non responsive lately, or at least that's how it seems to me.

I agree with TB's intent if not exactly his methods. My own protest is a financial one. I did not renew my paid membership and I run adblock. So I only see ads on the mobile app, not on computer browsers.

If I begin to see more engagement by Admin I may renew the paid membership.

Best wishes Thirsty, wherever you are.

Marc

So he reposted ads, and got banned for it?

That's the stupidest thing I've read today. Power hungry control freaks....

I'd rather sift through 4,000 threads of political fighting than see one good member tossed aside to prove who's in charge.

Whoever did that, You're a controlling jerk. Enforcing a stupid policy to the point you're losing good members is losing sight of anything the rules are even set up to do. *golf clap* Hope you're proud of yourself and how awesome you are at your fake job.

...guys....

I read it as it was ongoing. I have no comment other than this election there isn't a lesser evil to choose....

So he reposted ads, and got banned for it?

That's the stupidest thing I've read today. Power hungry control freaks....

I'd rather sift through 4,000 threads of political fighting than see one good member tossed aside to prove who's in charge.

Whoever did that, You're a controlling jerk. Enforcing a stupid policy to the point you're losing good members is losing sight of anything the rules are even set up to do. *golf clap* Hope you're proud of yourself and how awesome you are at your fake job.

He did quite a bit more than repost an ad. He was very, very rude in his comments about Ted Cruz. However, I do believe it is hypocritical to post political ads on the forum and not allow people to post political comments..

Last edited:
Isn't that all there is to choose from? One of the two evils?
Double IPA or a barley wine...
I think I'll choose barley wine

You need to understand that the ads are random and we do not get the choose which ads come up. Many of them are determined by the cookies in your browser.

You need to understand that the ads are random and we do not get the choose which ads come up. Many of them are determined by the cookies in your browser.

That's kind of the irony of the situation, isn't it? The very ads he was complaining about....were because Google picks them based on his recent web activity.

I don't have a dog in the fight...just pointing out the silliness of the situation.

I personally enjoyed his posts very much. 99% of the time he was polite, intelligent, thoughtful, humorous, and the list goes on.

In simple terms, he was a good neighbor, and an asset to the community.

Unfortunately, I think he went too far with the political nonsense over the past couple of days.

I'm sad to see him gone.

thirsty.jpg

Last edited:
Got an email from Thirsty...

He said he was banned for a week... expect him back around the 6th

Rob, may I just say how awesome your signature is?

YAY Thirsty!

I think we all miss him and I hope he is back soon. But I had PMs with Chuck and I see his point. Someone owns these forums, and they have rules, and they pay for the site. It is not our place to break the rules or complain about the ads. If you don't like it, leave, or start your own site. Or use AdBlock. I haven't seen an ad on here for months. :wink:

Perhaps that's a problem. If you can't control the ads.... stop trying to control users. It's stupid. But it also illustrates users don't matter, money does.

[youtube]cflpNLjhi0s[/youtube]

I think we all miss him and I hope he is back soon. But I had PMs with Chuck and I see his point. Someone owns these forums, and they have rules, and they pay for the site. It is not our place to break the rules or complain about the ads. If you don't like it, leave, or start your own site. Or use AdBlock. I haven't seen an ad on here for months. :wink:

Good customer service. "don't like it? piss off"

maybe we should.

Wow, you guys are kidding me..
I'm sorry to hear this..
I have always found Eric (Thirsty ) to be sharp as a tack and extremely intelligent. ...
I don't know what happened at all as I've been down myself for a few days...
I have spoken to Eric quite a bit..
Wonderful man........

Teddy

I hear ya, Dave, but I think we all need to take a deep breath. Thirsty will be back, and we can move on and talk rockets.

Well I'm glad he'll be back. It was always great to read his posts. That said, I have to say that in my opinion the comments were a bit overboard. Oh well, I'll await his arrival. How Will we go a week without his puns??

Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back