tick me off

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get yourself to a Dollar Tree store (not Family Dollar, not Dollar General) and find their blue bottle of foot powder. It has peppermint oil in it and will act as a good tick repellent.

I too hate ticks, but there is a certain humor in your anti-tick post and you signature with give blood in red letters. I know why it is there, but it is still a bit amusing.

I hate Ticks. Very expensive. :mad:
My Dog gets Trifexis and Frontline, and my seven Cats get the Feline Frontline doses, each once a month.
For me it's Deep Woods Off, and in the animals bedding areas I use Hartz 3 in 1 Home Spray, which contains Permethrin, which is the same stuff we used to use in the Army, and it works great.
I also eat tons of raw Garlic in the summer months to help repel insects. I have had friends get Lyme Disease, and it is terrible.

I have posted this trick before, but ticks are so nasty I don't mind posting it again in this thread. The best solution I have found for prevention is cheap Lice Bedding Spray. CVS, Walgreens and Walmart all have their own brands (much cheaper that RID). The night before your launch day (or any field excursion), spray a healthy coating of the bedding spray on your pants - be sure to get both sides and around the cuffs and waist. I spray it on jeans, but if you are wearing something else, you might test the fabric for discoloration (no effect on denim). LET DRY COMPLETELY! You do not want to be handling or wearing the fabric while still wet. Once dry, it is safe and will discourage ticks for about a week. This protection will even survive a washing. I have been using this for about five years, and have yet to find a single tick on me even after a two day regional - when other club members were picking several off themselves. Give it a try - one can lasts long enough to treat four or five pairs of pants.

I have posted this trick before, but ticks are so nasty I don't mind posting it again in this thread. The best solution I have found for prevention is cheap Lice Bedding Spray. CVS, Walgreens and Walmart all have their own brands (much cheaper that RID). The night before your launch day (or any field excursion), spray a healthy coating of the bedding spray on your pants - be sure to get both sides and around the cuffs and waist. I spray it on jeans, but if you are wearing something else, you might test the fabric for discoloration (no effect on denim). LET DRY COMPLETELY! You do not want to be handling or wearing the fabric while still wet. Once dry, it is safe and will discourage ticks for about a week. This protection will even survive a washing. I have been using this for about five years, and have yet to find a single tick on me even after a two day regional - when other club members were picking several off themselves. Give it a try - one can lasts long enough to treat four or five pairs of pants.

:cool:Thanks, Greg. I'll give that a try. Ticks have creeped me out ever since I saw one dug out of my brother's ear.:puke:

It cost me $172 today at Petco just for all my animals Frontline Plus.:(
I still also have to go pick up Trifexis at the Vet on Tuesday for my Dog.
Between that and the work I need to do on my Truck this month, it wont be a very good month for rocketry.:(

Back