Good kit rocket for H45 DMS long burn

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick@JET

Reaction score
I purchased an H45 long burn motor thinking I could put in my super batray but now considering just building a rocket to match the motor for that long slow launch.
You have any experience with this motor ? What did it fly in?
Looking like ideal for 2.0-2.5 lb rocket with 38mm, not worried about going max altitude

I love this motor in the Madcow 2.6" FG kits. I've flown it in the Black Brant II and the ARCAS. Nice realistic flights with motor deploy. I don't remember the altitudes, but I'll check my log when I get home.

Cheers,
Michael

I love this motor in the Madcow 2.6" FG kits. I've flown it in the Black Brant II and the ARCAS. Nice realistic flights with motor deploy. I don't remember the altitudes, but I'll check my log when I get home.

Cheers,
Michael

Thx Michael, might be time for a black Brandt 2. Mine is plugged so no motor deploy, I have to run an altimeter and deploy that way, but if altitude is 2500+ I should probably dual deploy anyway since i Have to use an altimeter anyway

Thx Michael, might be time for a black Brandt 2. Mine is plugged so no motor deploy, I have to run an altimeter and deploy that way, but if altitude is 2500+ I should probably dual deploy anyway since i Have to use an altimeter anyway

Just be aware...if I remember correctly, speed off the rod was marginal. It was over 40, though, for sure. I flew in no-wind conditions. I love the slow realistic lift-off's!

Altitude I'm sure was not over 2K on this motor. I have a 2.6" thin wall kit that will be finished by NSL. It may be an even better candidate for the H45. I'll let you know in a few weeks.

Cheers,
Michael

The best flight of my original Tri-Star (4" with 3 38mm mounts) was on 3 H45-10's. Motor ejection back in 1990.
I do have a High Tech, last flown on a CTI I55 Mellow to 4700 feet.

I purchased an H45 long burn motor thinking I could put in my super batray but now considering just building a rocket to match the motor for that long slow launch.
You have any experience with this motor ? What did it fly in?
Looking like ideal for 2.0-2.5 lb rocket with 38mm, not worried about going max altitude

I just flew this AT H45 SU in my LOC Vulcanite (3.6 lbs) to 3000 ft last weekend, a little chuffing in the beginning but otherwise very nice motor. :)
I am going to try the reloadable AT I59 next. Where to get a plugged forward closure?

-John

I just flew this AT H45 SU in my LOC Vulcanite (3.6 lbs) to 3000 ft last weekend, a little chuffing in the beginning but otherwise very nice motor. :)
I am going to try the reloadable AT I59 next. Where to get a plugged forward closure?

-John

Balsa Machining Service sells them ..you can preorder and save a few bucks.

Kenny

I saw Stickershock Mark fly a H45 in a small traffic cone..it kept going and going !

Inspired me to take home a H45 from the launch to try in my Funk Saucer .

Kenny

Back