Buckeye Blast info?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick@JET

Reaction score
Buckeye blast I've been told is scheduled for MAY 16,17.
I'm planning on making the trip on the 17th and meet the OH gang and attempt a NAR L2.

Can someone post location and times? Field dimensions , waiver size? Thanks

Edited: ohioaerospace.net. MAY 16,17. Site website for directions

Thanks Gus and Steve

Last edited:
Joe? :eek: Gary? :eek: Steve.....?:eek: Help this man out...He's a good friend who i recommended check you all out for the the big Blast! ;)

I'd post a link to their site but, computers weren't around when i was born and, i'm STILL trying too figure them out:confused:

Seriously Nick, their field is quite large and, the waiver much higher than you'll need that day....Very easy to find their field with directions on their website.

Try: ohioaerospace.net

You'll really enjoy the event, great people! :grin:

Sounds good Gus, Steve did send me the date, just not location. thanks for the info, I'll be contacting you to take the TRA test and hopefully fly the magnum at QRCS the following Sunday with you guys for a TRA L2 attempt.
I picked up a a Strattalogger and a K535 for that day and hopefully ground test next week

Last edited:
This is NOT official, but the club may not be able to use the field as the farmer was planting today. I happened to be in South Charleston and drove by Wildman Farms and saw the farmer in the field. All of the nearby farms were also being planted.

I belong to two local clubs and the other club was just notified by that farmer that we are no longer allowed to launch this season at our Cedarville location as he has planted. It wouldn't surprise me to hear the same thing about the Wildman Farms field, but that has NOT happened yet. Stay tuned.

Sorry guys. Don't know how I missed this post.

Buckeye Blast is on for this weekend. May 16,17. We have the OK from the farmer even though the fields are planted. Pretty cool guy. We are still up in the air as to Mother Nature but we are proceeding as if we WILL have a launch. There is a lot of rocket activity in this area for this weekend and we will have no vendor available that I am aware of. Merlin Missiles is previously committed to another event so bring what you need to eat, drink, or fly. We can do L1 and L2 TRA and NAR certs. I have both tests available. See website for updates.

Again, sorry for the late response.

Gus, thanks for the great PR; OAMC can always use some good press!!

It has been quite hectic here in the Dickinson household now that BOTH Nancy and I are retired. Oldest grandson just graduated from Penn State, so we were there for that. Hope to see ya soon........ :)

Hi JoeG
Great! I'm planning on a NAR L2 attempt on Sunday - possibly Saturday with a LOC Magnum on a J400. Already have taken my written portion which I'll bring. I'm supposed to contact u ahead of time to notify you, I did email Steve today

Will there be a 1515 rail? And what is the waiver Altitude? Thanks

Ahh Hold the Phone....I did however see that I'm required to have a SIM printed which I do not so I have to download OR and figure that out This may throw a wrench in the plan..."No Sim, No Cert" is what the instructions say.

Last edited:
I was just coming here to post that OAMC has announced on their website that Buckeye Blast is a go, but I see Joe and Gary have already posted that. Spacefest at the AF Museum is the same weekend and will claim quite a few of the usual suspects that have provided support in the past. This will leave the OAMC team a bit short on staff so I am sure the OAMC guys would love help in setting up and tearing down and range support. If anyone can help with these activities please get there early or stay late and ask what can you do to help. Like Gary , I will be out of town and miss all the fun at Spacefest and Buckeye Blast.

And as I said in a previous post, the fields have been or are being planted. I saw a lot of tractors in the fields all over the South Charleston area last Friday. Please respect the farmers and their crops. We get to use these fields only due to the generosity of the landowners and farmers.

Here is Gary's post from the OAMC forum (https://ohioaerospace.net):

We are "GO" for the annual Buckeye Launch on Saturday 5/16 and Sunday 5/17, weather permitting. Set up will start at approximately 9 AM on Saturday and will continue until 5 PM. The launch on Sunday will commence at approximately 10 AM and tear down will begin no later than 5 PM. If we do not have activity late either afternoon, we will shut the range down early.

Please be aware that this is planting season for our landowners, so do not step on any obvious plantings.

I will be out of town due to poor planning on my part, but Joe Grubb will have all of the necessary paperwork to sign you up for TRA membership or certify you Level 1 or Level 2. If you need NAR certifications, please contact OAMC BEFORE the launch to ensure that we have you covered!

THIS WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE THE LAST LAUNCH IN THE 2014/2015 SEASON, SO GET OUR THERE AND BURN SOME AP!!!!

The 2015/2016 will commence after the harvest, probably late October or early November.

OK is there going to be any "O" or "N" flights planned???? don't think I'm going to make it..... :(.........

Unfortunately I will be out of town and unable to attend. Have fun everyone!!

I was just coming here to post that OAMC has announced on their website that Buckeye Blast is a go, but I see Joe and Gary have already posted that. Spacefest at the AF Museum is the same weekend and will claim quite a few of the usual suspects that have provided support in the past. This will leave the OAMC team a bit short on staff so I am sure the OAMC guys would love help in setting up and tearing down and range support. If anyone can help with these activities please get there early or stay late and ask what can you do to help. Like Gary , I will be out of town and miss all the fun at Spacefest and Buckeye Blast.

And as I said in a previous post, the fields have been or are being planted. I saw a lot of tractors in the fields all over the South Charleston area last Friday. Please respect the farmers and their crops. We get to use these fields only due to the generosity of the landowners and farmers.

Thanks Carter!!

Back