Aerotech 38/1080 Aft Closure

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrwalsh85

Reaction score
I purchased a J570 as part of Wildman's Black Saturday promotion.

Along with the J570, I received a strange aft closure. I understand the inside diameter of the closure being much larger as it probably requires a larger nozzle, however my aft closure has no thrust ring. It is flush with the casing.

Is this particular closure available with a thrust ring, or am I required to develop my own motor retention method?

I did not account for a ringless aft closure when designing the bird with a J570. I'd like to be able to fly this without modification to the rocket.

Anyone in the know that can help?

Thanks,
Mike

I believe you have the forward closure there. It holds in the self contained delay elemnt of the EZ reloads.

Yup, Mr. Meep nailed it. It's the forward retaining ring they're including with all the newfangled RMS-EZ loads. It's the same thing that comes with the reload adaptor system. It just holds everything in place.

Nate

Oh... Interesting.

That makes everything easier for me. Thanks much everyone. Now I can abuse my Hi-Tech 45 with the J570!

Eh, sorta. tip to tip on the fins. The airframe received epoxied-in couplers in critical locations. Otherwise, modified for dual deploy (anti zip design). She's already flown on a J350...

Back