RocketryRUs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedude95

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Florin and I am with a rocketry organization at University of Illinois. We ordered some HTPB and curivative for our hybrid motor from https://www.rocketsrus.com/research-chemicals.html. After 4 weeks with no show, I did some digging and found this website. I found the previous thread here about them: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?51839-Rockets-quot-R-quot-Us

Does anyone know if Danny is still running the business or are they shipping orders out? I need the supplies as soon as possible. I tried emailing, texting, and calling but no response so far.

Thank you,
Florin

It's very sad. It seems like he was a great vendor at one point. We are on a deadline within 2 weeks to fire of a hybrid motor and the only thing missing is the fuel. I am just curious if anyone got a hold of him lately.

It's very sad. It seems like he was a great vendor at one point. We are on a deadline within 2 weeks to fire of a hybrid motor and the only thing missing is the fuel. I am just curious if anyone got a hold of him lately.

Sounds like you need to find a new vendor.

Don't forget to file your paypal dispute now. Don't let the time limit elapse or you've just donated to him.

It's a shame, because I used to get a lot of stuff from him....hopefully he can get back on track someday

The issue is that all school orders go through the school's business office. I'm not sure how much room we have to cancel and all that but I am speaking with our treasurer about the situation. Such a shame.

Danny is no longer supporting our launches. As far as I know he is done with the hobby. He has owed a friend for over a year now a m motor that he will never see. Why Danny still runs a web site and take money and not deliver is beyond me.

getting my order from him was like pulling teeth. I'd started a PayPal dispute and that lit a candle under his @$$. Judging by everything I've heard since, it's only gotten worse.

I canceled the order today and ill be looking at other places. Can anyone recommend me a good place to get HTPB and curative?

Why don't you try Chris's Rocketry...
He's here on the forum..
Ask him a question about your order you'll get almost an instant answer..
I don't want to speak for Chris but I'm pretty sure you can get Ex supplies through him...

Teddy

Why don't you try Chris's Rocketry...
He's here on the forum..
Ask him a question about your order you'll get almost an instant answer..
I don't want to speak for Chris but I'm pretty sure you can get Ex supplies through him...

Teddy

I am adding them slowly, R45 is about 2 weeks out now> Just waiting on them to ship it :)

I am adding them slowly, R45 is about 2 weeks out now> Just waiting on them to ship it :)

There you go Florin,,,
The web address is in the signature....

Teddy

( if what you need isn't up on Chris's site just yet shoot him an email )....

Danny is no longer supporting our launches. As far as I know he is done with the hobby. He has owed a friend for over a year now a m motor that he will never see. Why Danny still runs a web site and take money and not deliver is beyond me.

My problem with Danny was a little different. He used to be a vendor at TTRA and I would try to buy a little from him every time because it's good to support someone who was willing to schlep all that stuff out to the middle of a cattle ranch. But he had no price tags on anything, and since I'm not made of money I'd have to ask, "how much?" on each item, and he would go through this ritual of pulling out his iPhone and doodling around with it to get a price. Every item, every time, with every customer. If there was a line, it took a while to buy something from him. I was so tempted to say, "You know, they've got this new invention called PRICE TAGS." I mean, for Pete's sake, he could have made his job a lot easier if he had just printed himself a price sheet! I eventually quit buying.

Anyone willing to go to all the effort to set up and be a vendor in the middle of hot sweaty nowhere should be thanked and highly respected (I'm talkin' to you, JonRocket and Tom's Rocket Gear), and it's great that Danny was willing to do that, but there was an obvious lack of retail professionalism even then.

My problem with Danny was a little different. He used to be a vendor at TTRA and I would try to buy a little from him every time because it's good to support someone who was willing to schlep all that stuff out to the middle of a cattle ranch. But he had no price tags on anything, and since I'm not made of money I'd have to ask, "how much?" on each item, and he would go through this ritual of pulling out his iPhone and doodling around with it to get a price. Every item, every time, with every customer. If there was a line, it took a while to buy something from him. I was so tempted to say, "You know, they've got this new invention called PRICE TAGS." I mean, for Pete's sake, he could have made his job a lot easier if he had just printed himself a price sheet! I eventually quit buying.

Anyone willing to go to all the effort to set up and be a vendor in the middle of hot sweaty nowhere should be thanked and highly respected (I'm talkin' to you, JonRocket and Tom's Rocket Gear), and it's great that Danny was willing to do that, but there was an obvious lack of retail professionalism even then.

Hmmm. Price tags, yep got them, barcodes, yep them too. Same day/next day shipping...yeah we do that. How about live inventory- got that too. More to be announced shortly.

Hmmm. Price tags, yep got them, barcodes, yep them too. Same day/next day shipping...yeah we do that. How about live inventory- got that too. More to be announced shortly.

Good to hear it Chris,

We're ready to order as soon as the HTPB is available.

Anyone willing to go to all the effort to set up and be a vendor in the middle of hot sweaty nowhere should be thanked and highly respected (I'm talkin' to you, JonRocket and Tom's Rocket Gear) ...

Thanks. Over the past few days Bracha and I spent many hours adding prices to the kits and motors we are bringing to NSL. I hog the pricing gun because, after long days behind a computer keyboard at my real job, using the pricing gun is sort of like playing cowboy.

BTW, we use removable labels so that you can remove them without leaving gunk on the item that you just purchased. I hate buying something new and having gunk on it. Even if I buy Gunk, I want Gunk in the can, not on it.

-- Roger

Last edited:
Hello,

My name is Florin and I am with a rocketry organization at University of Illinois. We ordered some HTPB and curivative for our hybrid motor from https://www.rocketsrus.com/research-chemicals.html. After 4 weeks with no show, I did some digging and found this website. I found the previous thread here about them: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?51839-Rockets-quot-R-quot-Us

Does anyone know if Danny is still running the business or are they shipping orders out? I need the supplies as soon as possible. I tried emailing, texting, and calling but no response so far.

Thank you,
Florin

Hey Florin, just noticed that the name in the Subject is incorrect. Should be RocketsRUs. I've also been tricked by the "still up and running" website. Was a month-long process to get my money back (after many emails and such).

I've also been tricked by the "still up and running" website. Was a month-long process to get my money back (after many emails and such).
Yep, I fell into the trap too, finding the website and ordering....the good news was that after two weeks of hearing nothing, I e-mailed fmbettaguy @ yahoo(dot)com and asked about the status, and I received a Paypal refund notice the same day. I can't say I was happy about not receiving the items, but I was relieved that my refund was almost immediate.

Last edited:
Ohh, and now I'm sad. Looks like I'll be spending spring break dealing with PayPal instead of launching this Mustang :(

In general, this thread is about people over the last several months who paid for orders from RocketsRus , didn't hear anything for a long while , but eventually got their money back.

I anticipate a similar result, and learned a valuable lesson about reading through vendor reviews before making orders.

Unfortunately, I learned this lesson too late to do any launches over spring break with the kiddos.

Last edited:
In general, this thread is about people over the last several months who paid for orders from RocketsRus , didn't hear anything for a long while , but eventually got their money back.

I anticipate a similar result, and learned a valuable lesson about reading through vendor reviews before making orders.

Unfortunately, I learned this lesson too late to do any launches over spring break with the kiddos.

I was asking why you wouldn't be able to fly. What did you order, and why would you order from them with this review in place for so long?

Back