Out of production rocket stuff you'd love to see made again...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viperfixr

Born Again Rocketeer
Reaction score
I just saw a thread on a product I've long wanted but is no longer for sale. In this case, it is the Shadow Aero Flash Streamer. I am sure there are a few left out there for a pretty penny, but it occurred to me that if we post here the products we'd truly buy again if available, perhaps the OEM or a new vendor will pickup the idea and offer it again.

So, I would love to see something like the Shadow Aero Flash streamer, or some other version of the same thing. What about you?

I don't see why Gary at Top Flight just doesn't start to produce these. He made them for ShadowAero anyway. He made me a custom one with a "cupped" end to reduce the decent rate even more. Seems like a perfect product adder. Just don't get why some rocket vendors aren't more aggressive (like Rocketry Warehouse with their humpday sales).

Estes Pro series (Jayhawk, Terrier Sandhawk, Patriot), updated to 29mm. Any of the late '70s through '90s space plane type kits, especially those using the PNC-50SP.

I'd like to see Estes bring back more scale models

FULL...SCALE...ASTROBEE 'D'!

Possibly this time with a scale nozzle and machined fins to bring it on par with the ARCAS Boattail.

Cheers,
Michael

All the following in 29mm power:
Little Joe
F-104
X-15
X-3
All the cool Shrox designs (big fan!)
An affordable R/C rocket powered glider (i.e. Phoenix, T-25, Stratoblaster, Gamma, etc.)
Ellis long burns
Impulse Aerospace quad pads
an adjustable launch tower kit. (I've seen one and they didn't know who made it but it was commercial.)
Thermalite (hey- a guy can dream, right?)
Bp f-100'S (Without the '''extra' entertainment value!)
Old school Apogee 'blackshaft' competition tubes
Original RRC2 with battery holder on the board.

I recall 25 years ago seeing 13mm smoke motors. They didn't add significant thrust, but were used to punch up the visual impact of a launch. They would be especially cool on sci-fi type rockets without outboard pods without the risk of sending the rocket into a spin if one didn't light. I'm not sure who made them, but I'd like to see that type of product again...

I don't see why Gary at Top Flight just doesn't start to produce these. He made them for ShadowAero anyway. He made me a custom one with a "cupped" end to reduce the decent rate even more. Seems like a perfect product adder. Just don't get why some rocket vendors aren't more aggressive (like Rocketry Warehouse with their humpday sales).

Simply cost of materials on the flash streamer. Price tripled on the material with a large minimum order.

Saturn 5 - not the model- the real thing.

Impulse Aerospace Quad Pod launch pads. For those who are unfamiliar they were a great pad- best I have seen. I have one.

Animal Motor Works motors and reloads.

Tilt o meter deal.

All of the Motors in the Openrocket database.:impatient:
Stuff like the Aerotech 24mm F72 SU and the 13mm B and C Motors.
Pretty much all the motors that it seems they stopped making just because they were too cool.

:wink:

I just had a though on AMW. I really miss their Blue Baboon propellant. It has not been matched in my eyes.

Oh come on folks, nobody wants BSD any more :flyingpig:?

I'd like to see the old TRF without ads and the daily spam.

Seriously, I wish Todd was still making Skyripper (or at least just the reloads).

Last edited:
Back