Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses Closing for a bit....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow,,,,, I'm speachless.....
I just posted this before I left for the hospital. ...
Now I know what Mark is feeling like,,, lol.....
Man, thank you all so much...
I really don't know what to say..
I guess it's no biggie to say what it is,,
( Michael P promised not to tell about the sex change,,, lol ) ..
I've had 2 serious surgeries in the past 5 years to remove cancer. ( can't even say that word )...
The surgeries left me with 6 hernias,, the largest the size of a cantaloupe. ... After a couple of years of homework and research I found every surgeon everywhere does the same patch repair. .. It doesn't hold when the hernias are this big.... Well I found a guy that invented a new repair method. . Bony attachment of a mesh sheet the size of your entire torso.. 7 screws to fix it in place and his failure rate is just fantastic. . He's done 200 of these procedures now. 1 failed.. The first one.. He fixed it in place with sutures and they let go.. ( hey.. no kevlar.. right..lol)..
I thought I would be ok with this after the last 2 surgeries but as time got closer I wasnt... I'm a really big doctor chicken,, I do what I must, but I'm not too crazy about it....
I was really sweatin this.. I was operated on for 5 hours... It was a big thing.. I almost wish I didn't know but I did the research. ..... Well it's all done now I knew this had to be done for so long,, I'm sure glad it's done and over with.. I was in pain when I woke but it's much better now.. and of course I can't sleep.. that would pass some time.. I'm lie in on my back.. can't move much.. well this is sure silly but typing this out has made me feel a little better..lol....
Thank you all so much.. all your well wishes and prayers and vibes just mean the whole world to me.. I'm going to push this button again and try to get some sleep...
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart...

Teddy...........

Glad to hear that the surgery went well and your home. Hopping you have a complete and swift recovery.

Hopefully this will just be a "remember that surgery awhile back.." Pray for you and keep curled on the couch with a Nomex blanket

You are on the features flight page for LDRS so... C u soon!

Wow, Teddy. It sounds like you have been through a lot. I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and you are on the mend. Take care!

Wow Teddy, sounds like bits of you were sticking out all over the place...glad to hear you're slowly getting stuffed back together. Hopefully you will be feeling much better soon.

Teddy:

We'll miss you this weekend at METRA. Look forward to seeing you in June
In the mean time I'm going to have your wife take away your "comma" key. That will prevent you from posting :>
Get better soon bro.

Glad to hear you're into recovery mode. Hope you'll be back at the sewing machine/motorcyle/launch site is short order.

Good to hear that you have come out the other side. I hope you have a quick recovery and that this solves the issues.
Straight smoke and good thoughts!

Heyyy,,,
Thank you all so much,, no kiddin.. talk about a spirits lifter,, that's you guys...
I'm not home yet. The surgery was Tuesday. . I've been here since..
They had me on some very serious pain medicine. . I finally got a bit of sleep because of that..
It's funny.. You never get more then 1 hour before someone wakes you to give you something or just a poke.. I have a port installed in my chest.. I should've told them to access it when I first got here.. there's no place left for them to stick me on the arms and hands..lol... I'm really glad that this is done though I've had to have this done for a very long time.. now it's done and in the past.. thank you all so much.. it's kinda funny.. Quake has his own thing going on at the same time and I just posted there..lol..
You guys make me feel better. ..
Tanks guys ..
Teddy

Glad to hear you are doing okay Teddy, it only gets better from here.

I also have a small piece of mesh in me but it sounds like they gave you the whole sheet!

Heyyy,,,
Thank you all so much,, no kiddin.. talk about a spirits lifter,, that's you guys...
I'm not home yet. The surgery was Tuesday. . I've been here since..
They had me on some very serious pain medicine. . I finally got a bit of sleep because of that..
It's funny.. You never get more then 1 hour before someone wakes you to give you something or just a poke.. I have a port installed in my chest.. I should've told them to access it when I first got here.. there's no place left for them to stick me on the arms and hands..lol... I'm really glad that this is done though I've had to have this done for a very long time.. now it's done and in the past.. thank you all so much.. it's kinda funny.. Quake has his own thing going on at the same time and I just posted there..lol..
You guys make me feel better. ..
Tanks guys ..
Teddy
I can't help it.... I have to. You said that you have a port in your chest and computer mode just got activated in my brain. :p I can't help thinking except that you should install a firewall. :rofl:

I can't help it.... I have to. You said that you have a port in your chest and computer mode just got activated in my brain. :p I can't help thinking except that you should install a firewall. :rofl:

That's what the surgery was for. Mesh firewall, Kevlar. Go back and reread. :grin:

Now is that cooling mesh? To protect the kevlar?

All kidding aside, We're all glad things went well. Feel better Teddy!
Nate

Hey that's funny guys.....
Matt wantsa put a firewall in my port..
I tink there's one there already. . It's a one way valve, isn't it.....lol..
You guys wanna hear something really funny..
I had a nice brand new pair of sweat pants..
They were a great buy,,, but needed to be hemmed..
My wife Sandy told me to leave them alone and bring them to the tailor..
It'll cost less then 10 bucks and isn't worth the trouble of me screwing around with them and trying to figure out how to do a hem on pants...
Well,, here's the lesson of the day..
First off,, hemming pants and getting it to come out nice AND the correct length ( read,, not too short ) is not as easy as it looks.. I guess the lady that does it all day every day just makes it look easy...
Well,,, the lesson is when you sew ANY material with kevlar thread it is impossible to get the thread out to remove and or redo the hem.. Because whatever the other material,, it's no where near as strong and cut resistant as the thread..........
You can pretty much tell where the rest of this goes.......

Teddy

Hey that's funny guys.....
Matt wantsa put a firewall in my port..
I tink there's one there already. . It's a one way valve, isn't it.....lol..
You guys wanna hear something really funny..
I had a nice brand new pair of sweat pants..
They were a great buy,,, but needed to be hemmed..
My wife Sandy told me to leave them alone and bring them to the tailor..
It'll cost less then 10 bucks and isn't worth the trouble of me screwing around with them and trying to figure out how to do a hem on pants...
Well,, here's the lesson of the day..
First off,, hemming pants and getting it to come out nice AND the correct length ( read,, not too short ) is not as easy as it looks.. I guess the lady that does it all day every day just makes it look easy...
Well,,, the lesson is when you sew ANY material with kevlar thread it is impossible to get the thread out to remove and or redo the hem.. Because whatever the other material,, it's no where near as strong and cut resistant as the thread..........
You can pretty much tell where the rest of this goes.......

Teddy

Well at least if your pants catch on fire the hem will hold.

I figured you guys would like that one..
I still have the sweats...
My wife especially loves it when I wear them...lol...

Teddy

Well.... sandy did remove Ted's comma key.... but she forgot to take off the period key as well. :p

Hey guys,,,,
They're letting me go home today..
They're processing the paperwork now..
Man I'm so excited..
I had a very pleasant experience here but I still can't waitto get home. ..
Thank you thank you thank you all so much.....
You make me laugh when it may not be so easy..
Now I've just got to follow the docs orders..
It sounds a bit overly precautious but they really did an enormous amount of work in there...
They said I did have much of an abdominal wall left...
No lifting or straining in any way....
I dun know if I should post this but you guys got me going...
The 3 drains are going to be in for a few weeks....
I was kind of surprised at that...
They're a bit of a pain but what the heck....
I gotta go...
Thank you guys...

Teddy

There are no biological secrets amongst rocketeers! We spend every launch staring up each others' afts anyway.

Rest, relax, catch up on all your daytime TV. Get yourself emotionally and physically ready for LDRS.

Latest posts

Back