Patching a hole in a Nomex blanket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey there troops-

So one of my nice Nomex parachute protectors has a hole in it. (Pretty sure a tree branch did the deed.) I need to patch this somehow and was wondering if any of you have a method you like? For now I'm thinking 'Gorilla' duct tape on both sides but I'm open to other ideas... thanks.

I have yet to find something that will break Gorilla tape. That would be a good bet, I've used it to reinforce torn corners of nomex, but It's a little bulky. If it's a big, big blanket, you could sew or gorilla tape a smaller one over the hole, like a 6"X6".

Nate

3M Green masking tape, I use it extensively for all of my recovery stuff:

027-1.jpg

If you know someone with a sewing machine get some Nomex thread from The Thread Exchange and using the buttonhole attachment a patch is easy to do by making repeat passes over the same area. My wife does it to my work clothes all the time fixing small holes.

3M Green masking tape, I use it extensively for all of my recovery stuff:

Just an FYI - I use a lot of green masking tape from Menards (because it's inexpensive). I have found the combination of paper tape and adhesive burns extremely well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back