How to Sim a Delayed Deploy in OR?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhkaiser

Reaction score
I have a joint effort with a friend, he has constructed a Eggtimer TRS and I am supplying the modified Estes Mammoth rocket and motors. We wish to use a Cable Cutter as the delayed deployment trigger. How does one sim this in OR?

Dan

"deploys at" setting in the parachute dialog.

To simulate drogueless, use a tiny parachute deployed at apogee that gives you an appropriate descent rate (50-100 fps, typically.)

OK I set for deploy at specific altitude of 500ft. Three of the motors I am siming deploy at apogee and two at 500ft. Not sure why that is. Should they not all default to 500ft?

Check the "recovery" tab in "motors and configuration" as you can override this on a per-configuration basis (though it would be hard to do by accident, I'd think.)

If you want OR help, posting your file is a good idea.

Thanks again Mike. I built the rocket from scratch with my measurements, however I used an old file that seems to have preset settings. Should I have more issues I will post the file. Using your suggestions it is working now. Thanks again.

Back