RockSim file will not fly??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gltruett

Reaction score
Just got a new Performer 98 from Ken at Performance Hobbies and spent part of this morning putting it in RockSim. When I load a motor and try to run a simulation nothing happens and I get "nan" in a lot of calculated areas. I imported the file into OpenRocket and it flies fine, really has me confused. In the past when this has happened I find a mass override that is unrealistic. I have gone through every component (I think) and I find nothing out of the ordinary. Anyone have any ideas? I can't find nan in the Rocksim documentation, if I play with it too long it will lock up RockSim, strange.

Thanks, George

View attachment Performer 98.rkt

NAN - not a number - error occurs often when a component doesn't have a valid material selected, or thickness, etc. It may be that something didn't translate the file types well. However, I sometimes get random nan errors that are caused by glitches. Closing and reopening the file fixes it often.

Just got a new Performer 98 from Ken at Performance Hobbies and spent part of this morning putting it in RockSim. When I load a motor and try to run a simulation nothing happens and I get "nan" in a lot of calculated areas. I imported the file into OpenRocket and it flies fine, really has me confused. In the past when this has happened I find a mass override that is unrealistic. I have gone through every component (I think) and I find nothing out of the ordinary. Anyone have any ideas? I can't find nan in the Rocksim documentation, if I play with it too long it will lock up RockSim, strange.

Thanks, George

I took a lookie at your design, Your MMT had no component mass. I tried to enter a mass kept going back to zero. I just deleted the MMT and added a LOC 3" MMT everything worked fine after that. Now you know what to fix!!

Back