FREE solo'ing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I watched this several times and it just blows me away that someone is capable of doing this

[video=youtube;SR1jwwagtaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR1jwwagtaQ[/video]

Ahhhh...the things you can accomplish when you are young, and don't really understand all the consequences of what could happen...

Gives me the willies! Almost couldn't finish the video. To quote one of my Southern nayboors "What is WRONG widchew, boyah"?

I watched an hour long program on the Discovery Channel the other night about the current crop of Big Wall climbers in Yosemite. These are the newest generation of climbers who might otherwise be skateboarding, sky diving, or involved in other adrenaline sports. Their stunts are amazing.

I watched an hour long program on the Discovery Channel the other night about the current crop of Big Wall climbers in Yosemite. These are the newest generation of climbers who might otherwise be skateboarding, sky diving, or involved in other adrenaline sports. Their stunts are amazing.

Something was on last night called Valley Uprising? I think and showed all these great climbers from past generation. This one guy forget is name showed him walking between two cliff on nothing more than climbers rope and his bare feet I should look for the video

I took classes at Exum Mountain Guides in the Tetons many years ago. Our instructor was Chuck Pratt who was one of the guys on the show. He was crazy back then. He free climbed everything in front of us then would set up a belay station above us. One minor point- the whole team was roped together. If Chuck fell then we'd all go tumbling down with him. So his dangerous climbing pretty much put us at risk too. Gotta give the guy credit- he didn't end up dying from a climbing accident.

Last edited:
here is ...his name is Dean Potter

[video=youtube;IsagruTOXA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsagruTOXA8&list=PLByMreo-o0XBoyR0y7XOixb5t-18MX7UW&index=1[/video]
That was the one I watched!

When I was younger I did some climbing...still have the gear now that I think about it...Royal Robbins was all the rage back in those days.

Back