• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Giant Leap Rocketry Tac 9C Parachute and Deployment Bag

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pallen

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a brand new Tac 9C and corresponding Tac-Bag. I bought these for an overambitious project back in 2010 that never went anywhere. They are opened, but obviously in brand new condition.

Specifications according to the paper inserts:
Parachute: Descent weight @ 16 fps = 70 lbs., "1.9 oz. coated, low porosity ripstop nylon", weighs approx. 7 lbs.
Bag: 21" Length X 7.3" dia.

I have the original receipt and the parachute was purchased for $239.99 and the bag for $42.99 (both cheaper than the new ones on GLR now).

I do not have any good photos other than when I received them, but they are like any other Tac products: black and red parachute with black shroud lines, and the yellow kevlar bag with elastic keepers.

PM with an offer if you are interested or have other questions.

Thank you.

-Peter

P1030820 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
What is it rated for as far as weight. No info on the giant leap site.

They are a quality chute. I have a Tac-1 60" that is a real workhorse. If I had a use for one this size I would be on it.

Back