Help with AeroTech 18mm to 38mm RMS Delay Drilling Tool

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
Last weekend at our clubs launch the drill bit on my 18/38 RMS DDT tool fell out of the holder (set screw was loose evidently) of course this didn't happen until after the delay had been drilled so I'm not sure what effect that had on the accuracy of the delay time, but it was definitely a hair too long. Does anyone know what the proper method of adjusting the drill bit back to factory spec is? I can't seem to find any instructions on ATs site which isn't surprising given how poor their site is.

Rich.

If you look on the holder piece, like you said there's a set screw. Place the drill bit into the hole in the holder, and then put that assembly into the body of the driller. Then, put it onto a hard surface, a table or something, so the pointy end of the drill bit is even with the bottom of the body. Then tighten the set screw. So, when you pick it up, the drill bit is totally encased inside the body, but not recessed. When you put the washer on, it should be slightly recessed. Ta da!

Nate

Back