Rocketry slogans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peoples who can afford to build a basement layout and are not to handy with their hands do rocketry

I'm starting to be really tire of those Model Train crap...... I do both and Modelrailroading is 100 time more difficult than build rockets. Glue fins and some tube is nothing compare to build a layout. To reach the level of Model Master , you need to be first a very good craftsman, a good electronic engineer ( do you have an idea of what the electrical look under the layout ? ) , architect, some time historian, oil or acrylic artist ( you need to paint background) , be an accomplish airbrush painter. And most of all, you need to know how operate real train. And you need money , a lot of it,

This is Rod Stewart with Georges Sellios both have the 2 best train layout in the world...... alltrue I will put my hand on fire that Georges build the one of Stewart .

Phil Collins, Tom Hanks, Gene Hackman, Elton John, Ringo Starr, Bruce "the Boss" Springsteen, Frank Sinatra and Donald Sutherland do ( or did ) also modelrailroading

IMG_3876_zpssy3rkqbk.jpg

DoN,t look that much, but I glued 71 details parts on this one, I bent also the handrail to be exactly like the CN prototype one, this locomotive is also equiped with sound and transponder, yes transponder, I know exactly on the layout where it is.

gp_zps38b237bd.jpg

trees, do I look afraid of trees.

grs_zpss5ahfogx.jpg

Wow man, seriously? This was a simple thread about slogans. All meant to be funny. Firstly, thin skinned much? Not everyone has to share your exact view. Secondly, this is a rocketry forum not a model train forum. I know this is the watering hole and is open topic, but its still a rocketry forum at its heart.

I'm still rather new to the forums here, but even I know that crap responses start more crap and run off viable members. I'm here to teach, learn and share. Not fight.

So if you don't like, why you recopy my full post? If computer is to hard to learn do rocketry ... this is my participation to the tread, a new slogan

and it's not a fight, look on my avatar I smile. I just show what is Model Railroading. they don't call it "the greatest hobby" for nothing

Every month we have someone who lower model railroading here... it's about time I give the real facts. You right it's not a modelrailroad forum, because on modelrailroad forum you don't have video of guy in girl’s clothes and dancing like girls.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?125047-Too-Funny-80-s-Aerobic-Dance-Video!

Last edited:
it's HO , last summer I used a 28 feet ladder in the wood to recover 2 rockets, it's not easy to walk in a virgin forest with a ladder

I did not mean to pick a fight, disparage your other hobby, or question your credentials as a rocketeer. I thought that I could make a joke out of the risk of losing model rockets as a hazard of the hobby, but apparently I failed. And I freely concede that you probably have more skills than I. So I'll shut up now for the sake of peace.

Rich it was not about you, I was just waiting for the next one who will talk bad about model railroading and it fall on you .... Model railroading is also a real pain in the …. You make a simple mistake and you scrap hours of work. ….. What I like about rocketry is that it’s relatively easy to do and you go outside take walk and fresh air. If you don’t like your last rocket, you just do another one.

here my slogan

Model rocket is not rocket science it's easy to do and fun , come and give it a try.

Rich it was not about you, I was just waiting for the next one who will talk bad about model railroading and it fall on you ...

I see. Well, if you were looking to make an example out of someone, I stand chastened. I imagine you've poured out your venom on model railroad enthusiasts who have displeased you as well. I won't engage you further; I will have to live with the risk of accidentally offending you.

Peoples who can afford to build a basement layout and are not to handy with their hands do rocketry

I'm starting to be really tire of those Model Train crap...... I do both and Modelrailroading is 100 time more difficult than build rockets. Glue fins and some tube is nothing compare to build a layout. To reach the level of Model Master , you need to be first a very good craftsman, a good electronic engineer ( do you have an idea of what the electrical look under the layout ? ) , architect, some time historian, oil or acrylic artist ( you need to paint background) , be an accomplish airbrush painter. And most of all, you need to know how operate real train. And you need money , a lot of it,

This is Rod Stewart with Georges Sellios both have the 2 best train layout in the world...... alltrue I will put my hand on fire that Georges build the one of Stewart .

Phil Collins, Tom Hanks, Gene Hackman, Elton John, Ringo Starr, Bruce "the Boss" Springsteen, Frank Sinatra and Donald Sutherland do ( or did ) also modelrailroading

IMG_3876_zpssy3rkqbk.jpg

DoN,t look that much, but I glued 71 details parts on this one, I bent also the handrail to be exactly like the CN prototype one, this locomotive is also equiped with sound and transponder, yes transponder, I know exactly on the layout where it is.

gp_zps38b237bd.jpg

trees, do I look afraid of trees.

grs_zpss5ahfogx.jpg

That's pretty badass!
Very nice work!:clap:

it's HO , last summer I used a 28 feet ladder in the wood to recover 2 rockets, it's not easy to walk in a virgin forest with a ladder

I've used a chainsaw a couple times to recover my G-Force back in the 90's.:)

Last edited:
I've used a chainsaw a couple times to recover my G-Force back in the 90's.:)

Lol the first time I launch a G-Force with a G something... I also use a chain saw to cut a small pines tree

to be on topic ... "Don't launch your G-Force without your chain saw "

We just receive this friday, not bad at all, may be a father day gift to replace my old Still

20150426_044613_zpsaslwlpwc.jpg

Last edited:
Rocketry: Because if you're going to chase flying objects into the weeds, rockets are more interesting than golf balls.

There. Now if there are any golfers out there who have a problem with that, well, you can just (CENSORED).

The original "trains" slogan was

"If this bothers you - get a train set" it was tied to a flight of mine @ NERRF 1 where I learned that there are no spare O-rings in a Loki Research reload kit.

I still use it from time to time, however it means "train set". Not a scale layout as our Canadian buddy is so passionate about. You know - ten pieces of track and a battery powered engine.

The original "trains" slogan was

"If this bothers you - get a train set" it was tied to a flight of mine @ NERRF 1 where I learned that there are no spare O-rings in a Loki Research reload kit.

Yes that is a great slogan...and it's cool that you have the bragging rights to the origin story (even though it cost you a nice rocket). I was inspired by that one...of course I didn't realize that "you're afraid of trees" is apparently quite the insult in Canada...you'd have thought by his reaction that I scratched his car, kicked his dog, and called his momma ugly.

A few

It landed somewhere, we have never left one up there
Spin off of one above - (pertains to HPR sustainers) - Light....light...c'mon light...no, don't light!....please don't light....RUN!

"Model Rocketry - America's 87th most popular hobby"

- an old NARAM sticker

Back