Leviathan Ready for First Flight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chunker78

Reaction score
Its finally ready. My Dad and I built the rail system. I have the engines. Just waiting for my first club meet. Thanks to all for the advice and help.

Finish.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job, like the paint! Just finished mine too looking forward to May to fly it

Nice rocket! I flew mine for it's first flight two weeks ago on an Estes F26-6FJ. According to Altimeter 2 it hit 838 feet, unfortunately the chute was wrapped too tight and didn't open. Fortunately I don't launch on hard ground, so nose-blow ejection worked with no damage.

Nice looking Leviathan. I love mine, I've actually painted it. It has been a workhorse for me and flew naked for a year or so and I've finally painted it. Most of my flights are on G or H motors, but we fly at a large field with 16K waiver so there's plenty of room.

Are you going to use the Aerotech Hobbyline RMS in it? IMHO, the 29/40-120 case is perfect for the Leviathan, large E thru mid G motors should cover almost any field and weather conditions and when you get that perfect day with no wind, the Leviathan will handle almost any H motor you want to put in it. It will get up there though, 2,500 to 3,000 ft.

Good Luck and have fun!

Back