Source for Future floor polish?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick@JET

Reaction score
Is this the new bottle of future? It doesn't say future, but this what comes up. If not can u post a picture? Thanks
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1429785812.322821.jpg

Us old farts should probably stop calling it Future since SC Johnson hasn't used that name in like 5 or 6 years ! It used to say "tough acrylic protection" on the label (it does in the product description in iqsy59's link).

Great thank you 4-h is coming up soon and I would like test it before I tell them to use it

Wow the results are Awesome, so easy to apply! Just brushed on with small foam brush and really shines.

Next is to step up to automotive paint , but that will be another thread.

Nick@JET, You'll find many uses for Future (I still call it that) besides being a clear coat. I use it to give my rockets a gloss coat for decaling as well as a decal setting solution. I have seen modlers use a plastic polish to make the Future finish really shine.

I like Future as a clear coat because it's so easy to refresh or re-apply. Over this last winter I gave most of my fleet a fresh coat, and it really brightens up even those dingy old flight-weary rockets. Good stuff.

Question about this technique just to make sure I am understanding this right. I just finished painting my Der Red Max and I am planing to apply the decals this weekend. Do I apply the decals like normal and then apply the Future over the top and it works for both a clear coat and a decal set?

Thanks for the help on this.

That's correct. I often use Future (or whatever it's called now) as a decal setting aid, then go over the whole rocket with it as a clear coat. Just did two like this, but my wife has the camera with her at the moment so I can't grab the picture to show...

Back