A cool pic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is cool. Really shows the vectored thrust. I can't imagine how slow they'd be going to be refueling like that.

Yes,, I agree with all of the posts..
That F 35's turbine is sure crankin huh.....lol...

Teddy

Cool
Nice to see the fruits of one's labor. For my job I was involved with both aircraft
Never expected to see them working together

Just by looking at the Pic, and using Mindsim, I feel confident in my assumption that unless these are some new Hybrid Electric Vehicles, they are expending and consuming equal amounts of fuel to maintain that degree of thrust and lift.
Granted, I'm no engineer, but just look at what they are having to support through their Engines alone.
It is likely that these two could accomplish re-fueling at higher velocity using the lift generated by the wings to conserve fuel.
Both Aircraft have some degree of fly by wire technology which would likely allow them to sync up autonomously at any given necessary parameter within the performance boundaries of each craft.

You can see that the F-35 has its central fan open, like it would in VTOL mode.

Last edited:
It is probably using fuel faster than it can be sucked out of the V-22

M

Especially since this is a drogue type refueling line rather than the plug in kind the kc10 and kc135 use. Fuel transfer is significantly.. slower.

Kinda looks like they did just to prove they could. Any more info on the pic, Bill?

Btw, any progress on JQDF?:wink:

Especially since this is a drogue type refueling line rather than the plug in kind the kc10 and kc135 use. Fuel transfer is significantly.. slower.

Kinda looks like they did just to prove they could. Any more info on the pic, Bill?

Btw, any progress on JQDF?:wink:
No more info on the pic but it does look like it was done just to show it could be-at least in that configuration--I'll follow up on that though--I really don't see any advantage but it does say something for the aircraft control system !!! The JQDF is still on the back burner, it's a l-o-n-g term build, plus I need to get some rc time under my belt---that whole learning curve thing !!

Last edited:
Back