How Will You Celebrate Earth Day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KidRockET

Epstein didn't kill himself
Reaction score
Here is a short list for me...

Take a shower long enough to run out of HOT water…

Turn my air conditioning down to 45…

Promptly open all windows…

Turn on every light both in the house and exterior…

Start my truck in the driveway and let it run…

Cut down a tree or two…

Spill some used oil in the sewer drain…

Release some freon into the atmosphere…

Look at ways to further increase my carbon footprint…

Continue to scoff at noted climate experts…

Finally, bow down and beg forgiveness from mother gaia…:cry:

I was thinking along the same line.
I think my generation is responsible mostly for removing pink toilet paper from the supermarket shelves. We pointed out the research, raised our blue and green flags and we tried like hell to bring attention to the ecology. 45 years later, we're still idiots. Sad. Me? I'm gonna go fishing, celebrating we at least have a little water left. Maybe with a beer.....

Hell, I don't know. Maybe just make a few phone calls.....

[video=youtube;hPE9RUQwf1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPE9RUQwf1Y[/video]

Every year you see someone declare they are gong to "celebrate" Earth Day by intentionally wasting more than usual, polluting as much as possible, and vandalizing stuff. I usually figure it's a bunch of blowhard posturing, and the person is probably too lazy or cheap to spend the day burning their own money for the sake of a pointless hostile gesture.

Or they aren't really serious at all, and they think it's funny. How lame is that? Earth Day has been around for 45 years, so maybe it was funny one time in 1970, but after a half century, the joke is just pathetic. Come on! If you are going to mock environmentalism bring on your A game! Not some stupid tired joke that is probably older that you are and wasn''t really all that funny to begin with! Boring! Work on some new material and come back next year!

I'm guessing it's either bluster or stupid humor --- either way it's nothing to take seriously. But there is always the chance the people making these kinds of statements really do intend to do all the stupid things they say they plan to do, in which case, you have to wonder about the mental health of someone with that mindset.

So nice of you to drop by...

Next I would like to fly to FLA and ignite the Everglades with a fuel-air burst...:horse:

9,000 gallons of jet fuel would be perfect for this...

Enjoy the fact that my solar panels and a sunny day mean I'm not paying for electricity today.

Support American farmers by filling my car with local biodiesel.

But mostly work for a living, do a bunch of admin stuff to help my daughter's TARC team be successful in a few weeks, and volunteer at the school.

[edit] Nuking the Everglades means that the aquifer providing drinking water to ~5.5 million people doesn't have a clean recharge anymore. Hi-frickin-larious.

Last edited:
I used to volunteer for an organization that promoted environmentally friendly gardening practices. I live in the 'burbs, so most of my events were at local farmer's markets where you were dealing with a fairly mainstream suburban audience. But they also used to have a tabling event at the Berkeley Earth Day celebration. That was a lot of fun! Talk about all the environmental, Berzerkely, hippie, radical fringe stereotypes you can imagine piled into one place! It was a great way to spend Earth Day.

I'm not doing anything special today. But last weekend I tried to get the front and back yards ready for the hot dry summer by checking the entire drip irrigation system for leaks and for old emitters where there are no longer plants --- don't need to be watering spots with no plants. I also spread 2 or 3 yards of mulch. The week before, a tree service was cutting down a tree across the street and chipping it up. I told them they could dump it in front of my house instead of hauling it away, which they were perfectly happy to do. So I got several yards of mulch for free and added to the garden. That helps save water and it adds nutrients to the soil without using fertilizer.

Loosing the Everglades would be accepted by most as acceptable collateral damage...

Last edited:
So nice of you to drop by...

Next I would like to fly to FLA and ignite the Everglades with a fuel-air burst...:horse:

9,000 gallons of jet fuel would be perfect for this...

I'm thinking you're going for humor, but it's just not working. You need a new angle. A different approach. There has to be a funnier way to mock Earth Day than just saying you are going to ruin a bunch of stuff! Just doubling down on the same joke by saying you are going to do it in a bigger and badder way doesn't make it work any better. Come on, man! You can do better that this! I want to get at least a minor chuckle out of this thread by the end of the day.

Loosing the Everglades would be accepted by most as acceptable collateral damage...

Do you also celebrate Mother's Day by beating up your mom?

If I may be allowed to be serious for a moment, I have no plans for Earth Day, nor Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, Presidents' Day, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, May Day or any other phony baloney holiday designed to spur sales at Wallyworld and provide public employees with another day at the beach. Mail service is slow enough as it is and Jesus was born in September. :rant:

Groot does not appreciate you posting intimate pictures of his sister online.

10492254_10152192275292344_3310552211771551951_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back