Latest from the Wildman Stable

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/ProductDetail.aspx?product=7093
We are Pleased to announce the release of the Interceptor AAD 98 R 2
Revolutionary new design can be flown with traditional dual deployment or head end deployment.
The 33 inch booster is capable of handling 5,000 newton second Ms or the biggest 54. Built weight is 8.5 lb
This kit includes:
•33" fiberglass booster
•16" fiberglass payload
•Fiberglass vent band
•Fiberglass coupler
•75mm fiberglass motor mount tube
•4" 4 to 1 light weight, high heat resistant poly carbonite nose cone with phenolic tip
•1/8" G10 beveled fins
•Aluminum bulk plates
•Wood or fiberglass centering rings (your choice)

(sticker is available thru Sticker Shock)
These Kits are now on sale for only $169.99 a normal retail value of $299.99

Wow, that's a good looking rocket. I'll be checking the hobby budget to see if I can add that to the fleet.

i agree, good looking rocket, I can see my paint scheme on it right now.... black nose/fins, red metal flake body...

Tim, how long is the sale price going to last?

Not many large rocket kits I like.
this one I do, I like it alot!!!
I wish I could afford one, or afford to launch it.
Fins look similar to a Pheonix, which is one of my favorite rockets.
Well done Wildman. Maybe someday I'll win the lottery, or at least beat the government and get my disability I'm due and afford one.

Tim- any plans to make a sport or JR version of it for those of us who are looking for something slightly smaller?

Great looking kit!

Man with fathers day around the corner I would hope one ends up in my build pile !

Very nice kit Tim. They should sell well.
See Ya

Woody's Workshop

Not many large rocket kits I like.
this one I do, I like it alot!!!
I wish I could afford one, or afford to launch it.
Fins look similar to a Pheonix, which is one of my favorite rockets.
Well done Wildman. Maybe someday I'll win the lottery, or at least beat the government and get my disability I'm due and afford one

Exactimator

Wow, that's a good looking rocket. I'll be checking the hobby budget to see if I can add that to the fleet.

Thank You all for the nice comments.
its one of my favorites too. Thats why I built this one .:wink:

It's a cool kit & I am so tempted to buy one. Any chance of a 3" version in the not so distant future?

Are any of these polycarbonite nose cones going to be available in clear for us night launch fanatics?

Last edited:
Great looking picture. Any chance of you building a denim rocket? :) ... Sorry, I had to.
I've been looking for my first 75mm kit... Maybe for Christmas. LoL

Just in time Tim You knew my Birthday was May 10th huh ! Well happy early birthday to me !!! I ordered mine tonight . LOL , Jim

Very cool rocket tim..

Yes I do have a decal for the rocket.. if you have read the thread in vendor display you should know i am closed for right now..

BUT since I made the deal with tim to make these cool decals if you need a set for it shoot me an e-mail I will make them for you.. PLEASE UNDERSTAND it might take me as much as a week to get back to you and get the decal on the way!

at this time I will ONLY make the AAD decal.. so please keep it to that (for now... I will be back open as soon as I can)

thanks for understanding!

Very cool rocket tim..

Yes I do have a decal for the rocket.. if you have read the thread in vendor display you should know i am closed for right now..

BUT since I made the deal with tim to make these cool decals if you need a set for it shoot me an e-mail I will make them for you.. PLEASE UNDERSTAND it might take me as much as a week to get back to you and get the decal on the way!

at this time I will ONLY make the AAD decal.. so please keep it to that (for now... I will be back open as soon as I can)

thanks for understanding!

This is an example of Mark continuing to go above and beyond to take care of his customers. It illustrates why so many of us are so quick to reciprocate with well wishes and other forms of support for him and Marian. While Mark has made this generous offer of his time to uphold his commitment, folks who purchase this latest cool rocket from Tim can likewise support Mark and Marian by patiently waiting for their family crisis to pass. While I would normally encourage everyone to 'put a sticker on it', in this case I dare everyone to fly 'em naked.

Seeing as our launch got cancelled today, Ill be calling you on Monday to place my order. I know someone here will say you can order online but if i get the chance I like to talk to people not a shopping cart.

This is an example of Mark continuing to go above and beyond to take care of his customers. It illustrates why so many of us are so quick to reciprocate with well wishes and other forms of support for him and Marian. While Mark has made this generous offer of his time to uphold his commitment, folks who purchase this latest cool rocket from Tim can likewise support Mark and Marian by patiently waiting for their family crisis to pass. While I would normally encourage everyone to 'put a sticker on it', in this case I dare everyone to fly 'em naked.

thanks so much..

remember when I closed down it is to give me time with my wife.. when I was open I dealt with Several customers a day orders design work shipping etc.

Now that I have shut down.. doing one or two premade decals a week is not a problem!

that being said here is the set I made (the one you see on wildmans rocket) I can do them for you for $35.00 plus $6.50 for priority in the US!

If you want a set shoot me an e-mail give me a day or two and I'll get back to you!

thanks so much everyone!

aad.jpg

Got mine today . . . also on Left Coast. David, did you get a Rocksim file? I built my Interceptor in Rocksim, but the fins I created don't have the notch/gap in the fins. Drawing custom fins in Rocksim is my achilles heel . . . ok, it's one of a few.

Got mine today . . . also on Left Coast. David, did you get a Rocksim file? I built my Interceptor in Rocksim, but the fins I created don't have the notch/gap in the fins. Drawing custom fins in Rocksim is my achilles heel . . . ok, it's one of a few.

In rocksim I created the forward sweep fin, then added a second fin set after the first.... I just left the 1/2 inch gap without the join. I couldn't figure out (only tried for a few seconds) how to create the notch either.

Did you get three little square pieces of fliberglass found in the package with the fins, center rings, etc came in? What are these for? Mrs. Wildman didn't know and Tim is out at a launch till Monday.

Last edited:
This may help some. Tim posted this back in late March. His post said some minor tweaking may be needed, so verify your dimensions.

If you got one of the ones from the BSS sale, there are some differences in the fin tabs and tube lengths.

In the design I used before Tim posted this one, I did similar to yours, but added the middle tab, so it was three pieces with out the outer thin piece joining the two.

Last edited:
This may help some. Tim posted this back in late March. His post said some minor tweaking may be needed, so verify your dimensions.

If you got one of the ones from the BSS sale, there are some differences in the fin tabs and tube lengths.

In the design I used before Tim posted this one, I did similar to yours, but added the middle tab, so it was three pieces with out the outer thin piece joining the two.

Thanks, I remember this.... I've download, add a few items, added weights/lengths.... looking very good.

Back