Mini Midwest Power May 23/24

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should see the whole thing he does some of the best rocket videos every done

Been browsing his YouTube channel. Fantastic... DVD is on order.
Can't wait to see the V2 on H399... It moved too fast the first time.

Good to see everyone last weekend! Here are few pics from Saturday.

A still from the Mobius onboard video at about 9000 feet. That's the town of Ohio near the top of the pic and Kasbeer is to the right of the rocket.

ohio.JPG

Landed about as close to the road as I want to get.

landing.jpg

I managed to time the M1850 cato just right. No burst mode 20 pics a second here!

cato.jpg

Good to see everyone last weekend! Here are few pics from Saturday.

NICE pictures Chuck (especially the CATO thingy)! Wish i could have been there on Saturday to fly. :sigh:

You should see the whole thing he does some of the best rocket videos every done

Uh-hum.....If you check out *my humble*You-Tube Channel: gkpiepenburg You'll see some awesome onboard videos...some shot in YOUR field! :lol:

Justin is just flat out AWESOME!

Or its bastard cousin:

View attachment 264351
Kurt

Nice Kurt! Got too love them:

1. Petty Blue.
2. Jamaica Blue.
3. Corporate Blue.
4. B5 Blue.

Birds.....(You'll NEVER find two Mopar guys that will agree on the proper designation)! ;)

Been browsing his YouTube channel. Fantastic... DVD is on order.
Can't wait to see the V2 on H399... It moved too fast the first time.

Have seen that one in action a few times...

KAPOW!

Where did it go:confused::D

ChuckH said:
A still from the Mobius onboard video at about 9000 feet

Nice! Looks like it was a beauty of a day. :)

I know right where you landed too. I got my 4" Patriot eaten alive by a combine one fall right across the road. It wasn't pretty. The only way Tim could identify that it was mine was by telling him it had a Loki bulkhead with an AMW case. That's about all that was left. OUCH!
I still have em though!

What a great surprise to find my copy in the mailbox today after getting home this afternoon from a long night a work! :D

I scampered all the way up the hill to the house and, popped it into the Dvd player...*bounce* *bounce* *bounce*...before, i realized that i left the truck down by the road...:eek:

Incredible Justin! Well done as you always do! Great to see that for the most part, everyone had great flights and, i'm happy that a few had successful certification attempts...:wave:

I would like to point out that even though the field caught on fire a couple of times....I was NO WHERE to be seen, on Saturday. :rolleyes:

I wondered what was going on out by the Barn while the Gizmo was coming back down....PRICELESS...thanks for the great dialogue gentleman...:blush:

One last thing: The older i get, the more i'm starting too look/act like Gary K...(in a good way).
Gary? You weren't anywhere near Las Vegas...say around 1967 were you?

Daddy?:surprised:

What a great surprise to find my copy in the mailbox today after getting home this afternoon from a long night a work! :D

I scampered all the way up the hill to the house and, popped it into the Dvd player...*bounce* *bounce* *bounce*...before, i realized that i left the truck down by the road...:eek:

Incredible Justin! Well done as you always do! Great to see that for the most part, everyone had great flights and, i'm happy that a few had successful certification attempts...:wave:

I would like to point out that even though the field caught on fire a couple of times....I was NO WHERE to be seen, on Saturday. :rolleyes:

I wondered what was going on out by the Barn while the Gizmo was coming back down....PRICELESS...thanks for the great dialogue gentleman...:blush:

One last thing: The older i get, the more i'm starting too look/act like Gary K...(in a good way).
Gary? You weren't anywhere near Las Vegas...say around 1967 were you?

Daddy?:surprised:

Layed over in Vegas in 69, going home for R@R. :)

Then he *Layed Pipe* two years too late...

I turn the big 47 at 9pm tonight (and, my mother has always wondered why i've been a night person.) :rolleyes:

Daddy? Where are you? :sigh:

Happy Birthday Gus.

Justin we got our DVD yesterday & watched it last night. Awesome, thanks you did a great job, thanks for the extra at the pad loading my big one.

Mike

Humble thank-you's to Claude, Brent and, Mikey! :eek:

It's not the age on the body but, the mileage on the body...and, i think with over 3 million miles logged driving Semi-Trucks that:

My damn knees and, back are killing me today! :(...Forever young in mind and, spirit though! Woo-Hoo! :D

My damn knees and, back are killing me today! :(...Forever young in mind and, spirit though! Woo-Hoo! :D

Gusmeister, I feel for you... I've gotten worse even in the last two weeks since you and your dad visited with me on the deck at the Dixon estate. In fact, my wife has been laughing and giggling at me every day as I hobble around with a cane on our vacation this week in Door County. You know, its an "I told you so" substitute. Now have an appointment scheduled for when I get back to head down the path for joint replacement :{

Gusmeister, I feel for you... I've gotten worse even in the last two weeks since you and your dad visited with me on the deck at the Dixon estate. In fact, my wife has been laughing and giggling at me every day as I hobble around with a cane on our vacation this week in Door County. You know, its an "I told you so" substitute. Now have an appointment scheduled for when I get back to head down the path for joint replacement :{

Enjoy (the vacation, not bad knees). Just came down from GB a few minutes ago...76 in GB, 58 here 20-some miles south. Honk as you pass by Exit 154 when heading south on I-43!

Sorry I missed y'all at MMWP; mega bummed but the better half had other plans. Happy Birthday Gus and see all you Midwesterners at the Bong launches (or MWP if you're more patient than I:D).

-Eric-

We got Justin's DVD today. It went straight from the mailbox to the DVD player. Thanks and great job Justin!

[/SIZE]

But, unlike Gus - I didn't leave my truck down at the road... :roll: (Happy belated birthday Gus...)

Back