Mini Midwest Power May 23/24

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gus, hate to miss the Gizmo flight but I'll not be at MINI Midwest this weekend. Have a great time and post pics...of rocket stiff that is

Whoops, I don't want to see that either lol
Eh hem. Rocket Stuff

Gus, hate to miss the Gizmo flight but I'll not be at MINI Midwest this weekend. Have a great time and post pics...of rocket stiff that is

Fully understand Nick, knowing the schedule that you work...(and, i thought *I* was a busy peoples!) :wink: Feel sorry that i had too miss Buckeye Blast, hope you had a great time! They are a great group over there...

Gus, please no picture of your "stiff" rocket

You just wait *Sparky* till you see what i've done to that Critter...Even you'll like it...*hint* *hint*

NO PICTURES for now, as you will see it on Sunday and, it will be there forever on Justin's future Dvd...

I call it this time: "Chuck, the Rocket"

Muh..HA..HA!!!!:lol:

I threw some powder and some goo into a big bowl today in preparation for this launch. It'll be a fun event!

I'm bringing a special device for Manny's Ultimate...

Hint #1 - purchased after melting the soles of my good range boots at the last launch.

Hint #2 - takes 2.5 gallons of water and is pressurized to 100 psi.

Hint #3 - if not used at the range, will come in handy defending the perimeter of Manny's campsite in the middle of the night.

Hint #1 - purchased after melting the soles of my good range boots at the last launch.

Hint #3 - if not used at the range, will come in handy defending the perimeter of Manny's campsite in the middle of the night.

Hint #4? Can be reinforced with an entire roll of duct tape, filled with 2.5 gallons of Diet Coke, a roll of Mentos THEN...pressurized to 100 psi for even longer range!

I'm getting straight with the "Young One" before I show up...:eek:

What would this be used for???

1. This motor is no fireworks show, so it won't be starting any grass fires. (Sorry Gus)

2. In the movie 'Gravity', Sandra Bullock used this "device" to perform major orbital maneuvers so obviously it is too much motor for my puny ultimate.

3. I don't think it would work as a deterrent against certain "hooligans" at the BBQ.

3. I don't think it would work as a deterrent against certain "hooligans" at the BBQ.

A large bottle of Nair hair remover mixed in with 2.4 gallons of water would leave some people *hairless, confused and, humbled* within 24 hours though...

We're STILL tight? Right?:blush:

2. In the movie 'Gravity', Sandra Bullock used this "device" to perform major orbital maneuvers so obviously it is too much motor for my puny ultimate.

3c12d2b0-9d83-11e3-9aa6-cbbcf0c29a92_gravity_fire_gif.gif

She even has a Manny haircut!

Hey troops,

Hard to follow Sandra Bullock :eek: but can we set up on Friday? Thanks.

Carl,

To avoid "pushing our limits" with the landowners, I would say no. However, feel free to stop by camp Wildman. I know we could use some help setting up some party tent.

I don't have my regular wheels yet, but it is supposed to be done by Friday. So, If I can get loaded up as soon as I pick it up, I'll head SW and try to help out. I'm bringing my battery load tester to check the condition of the batteries, and bringing along 2 battery donations.

Adrian

Can someone confirm availability of a 1515 pad that can handle 60#+ rockets with M motors?

Thanks.
Mike Walsh

2. In the movie 'Gravity', Sandra Bullock used this "device" to perform major orbital maneuvers so obviously it is too much motor for my puny *unit*..

FUN WITH EDITING! :D

All Sandra Bullock would have too do is breathe to propel ME out of this chair...SCHWING!

I don't have my regular wheels yet, but it is supposed to be done by Friday.Adrian

What? :surprised: Please elaborate oh *Green Tinted One*...Every farm boy i know has at least one tractor! I can strap three five gallon fuel jugs to my lawn tractor and, with a terminal velocity of about 10 mph be in there in 24 hours...give or take at least four fuel stops. :rofl:

You think i'm kidding huh?

Can someone confirm availability of a 1515 pad that can handle 60#+ rockets with M motors?

Thanks.
Mike Walsh

Good question Mike! :D I too was wondering :rolleyes: Can someone confirm availability of a 1515 pad that can handle a 70# "Garbage Can Shaped Rocket" with an N motor?

(Not picking on you Mike, just checking to see if the powers to be are actually checking in on their events thread here....)

I figure that i can stuff at least TWO Twinkies into the payload bay of *Chuck, the Rocket* and, upon successful recovery from the fine earth surrounding Princeton Illinois...Celebrate with at least one luck guest.

Any takers?

Could be good! Could be *Cream Splatt* too! ;)

WAY to early to talk about the weather. This IS Illinois ya know!

What time are we launching on Saturday?

Very good question!

Will be driving up Friday night and crashing somewhere along the way, if not in Princeton. Hope to have all packaged and ready to fly before I make the drive.

Launching should start at 9. If we get set up earlier, we will fly earlier. I will have the waiver called in for 8am start. The more help we have with set up, the more likely we are to fly early.

Is that a big enough hint?????

Launching should start at 9. If we get set up earlier, we will fly earlier. I will have the waiver called in for 8am start. The more help we have with set up, the more likely we are to fly early.

Is that a big enough hint?????

So we should get there at 9 and expect to fly immediately?

Currently programming everything...

I have (3) 70cm BRB transmitters. One set to 432.750, the other two are at default (433.900, 433.920).

What is the best way to determine what freq I should use? Would like to minimize programming at the field.

Thanks,
Mike Walsh

LoL... I hang my head in shame.
I'll be at the good ole days inn Friday night. I'll be on site to help setup bright and early Saturday; my wife will be thrilled with that alarm clock... Bringing the mini rail for the club, too.

Gotta love Midwest weather, very temperamental at times, kinda like my ex.

I don't put all my faith in weather predictions but, it might get a little *fuzzy* on Sunday... They are predicting rain (here in Malfunction Junction, Indiana) Sunday through next Wednesday.

Good for my tree farm but, not Rocketry.

We're still coming with serious firepower!

Chicago Rocket Mafia: We bring Machine Guns to a Knife Fight...BIG Honk'n Calibers too...

*tick* *tick*....*tick*........*tick* TIME! *tick*............TIME! ;)
Nobody's going to understand that last sentence Gus...:eek: Shut up Evil other Gus's it's time too put the final wraps on Chuck...we've got some unfinished business to attend to....:D

TIME!

Last edited:
Back