Mini Midwest Power May 23/24

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Video of my WAC Corporal flight here: [video=youtube;L3nVvF1VOh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3nVvF1VOh4[/video]

Enjoy!

Mike

Nice video Mike!:D I use the same video editing program but, have not learned how to edit in captions and, still pictures yet...(That might be a GOOD thing.)

Here are some stills sent to me by Dennis Watkins this morning...
I am greatly appreciative for them!:eek:

View attachment 264149View attachment 264148View attachment 264150

Steve:confused: What I meant was "torqued your back" NOT "twerked"....because if you ever put on a pair of tight shorts and, start hanging that backside out while jamming to some hip-hop music...

I'm locking myself in my truck!:surprised:

Man-well, you were greatly missed my friend....

Nice Gus! Looks colored up since last I saw that.

Thanks Nick! :D That *was only* 10,543' on 13,628ns. in a pig with the aerodynamics of a Barn Door...:lol: I can't wait for Midwest Power to not only - Up the dosage- but, put the camera back on for a what i'm sure will be an absolutely scary ride!

It looks like its time to strip it back down and, give it a new name/paint scheme...

I'm thinking- "The Holy Sheet Hand Grenade of Antioch." Complete with "Holy Sheet" and, a crew of people more pious than myself to carry its carcass out to the pads...:lol:

I think we ALL know the drill here: DO NOT :no: pester thy Justin about the possible forthcoming video and, any pictures from the illustrious Dr. David Reese until they post...

The wait will be worth it! ;)

I can't wait till Midwest! Carl and, i are already scheming up a re-match from last year...So that's at least TWO flights i'm down for right now. Can't wait to see what other things pop up! :p

When you said it was called "Chuck the rocket", I thought it would would be painted up in a John Deere theme for our friend Chuck the Speedy farmer, and not Chuck Brown.

That looks like it was an absolutely awesome flight Gus!

Man-well, you were greatly missed my friend....

I was pretty disappointed that I had to miss out, but this past weekend was just a mess, see you guys at the field soon!

Manny

I was pretty disappointed that I had to miss out, but this past weekend was just a mess, see you guys at the field soon!

Manny

Completely understood Mann, heard you had some family business too attend to...You'll see the next flight! Straight as an arrow with no spin...Wish i had put the camera on it this last time but, this was it's last test launch or destiny of a yard planter. :mad:

Ole Chuck: He could have been bought when i saw him on Saturday night...He was a human Weeble that evening, great to talk to him briefly when the world wasn't spinning.

See you soon Dude! :cool:

Last edited:
That av-bay wasn't on the forward end of the booster that was recovered?

No. The Goldmember is still missing. Should be critical in analyzing the failure. Again $100 for the person that finds the Extenze unit.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1410717698.066593.jpg

I think we ALL know the drill here: DO NOT :no: pester thy Justin about the possible forthcoming video...

No worries on pestering as the DVD's are done. :jaw:

Asking $20.00 each and if you are willing to throw in a couple 2-3 bucks for shipping, I would appreciate it. If not, I'll cover it.

Please send me a PM or email at hprjf AT aol DOT com if interested.

Some flights included:
Jenny Gross - Mini Eagle Claw - G-80
Dennis Watkins - Wildman Jr - LOKI K-1127
Carl Van Camp - Competitor 4 (both flights: CTI L-585/L-1085)
Erik Czerwin L2 - Dark Star - CTI J-400
Dan Crank - Doorknob - CTI J-760
Adrian Butler L3 - Mad Max - AT M-1939
Mike Gross - Beer Bottle Rocket
Chuck Haskin - Ariel II - K-200
Jason Griffin - Competitor 3 - K-600 Albino White
John Olevich - Ultimate Wild Thang - AT N-2000
Don Kennedy - AT K-535
Steve Wilson - High Fiber - CTI K-160
Dennis Watkins - Punisher - LOKI L-2050
Chuck Swindler - Polly - L-1200 Albino Assault
George Pike - Interceptor
Claude Paquin - Ultimate Wildman - CTI N-5600
Erik Czerwin - 2.1" V2 - CTI H-399
Steve Gallindo - Dominator 4 - CTI K-815
Paul Yarnold - Son Of 3 Bagger - CTI J-420
Gary Kawabata - 7.5" Hermes - AT K-1100
Honest John - CTI K-454
Brent Anderson - V2 - CTI I-212
Brandon Gross - Mini Vindicator - CTI G-88
Steve Wilson - AMRAAM - AT J-340
Sather Ranum - Burn Van Orin - (6) CTI H-180
Ben Walbaum - Mach-Ing-Bird - CTI K-740
University Of Illinois - AT M-1850 CATO
Jenny Gross - Extreme Eagle Claw - CTI K-815
John Olevich - Formula 150 - AT L-2200
Mark Selof - L-1200 shred & 2nd L-1200 flight
George Pike - research L (case burn through)
Steve Gallindo - Semper Excelsius - CTI L-3200
Mike Walsh - Wac Corporal - AT M-1315
Mike Gross - M-Force - CTI M-1160
Gary Kawabata - Crouching Tiger - AT M-2100
Chuck Swindler - Dolly - L-1200 Albino Assault
Mike Law - Interceptor AAD-98
Sather Ranum - Plausible Deniability - AT I-284
David Reese - Extreme Dark Star - AT L-850
Jason Griffin - BOA - CTI L-910
Gary Kawabata - Rogue - CTI K-630
Gus Piepenburg - Chuck The Rocket - CTI N-5600
Jason Griffin - Punisher - CTI K-1440

Thank you,

Justin

DSCN0252.jpg

No worries on pestering as the DVD's are done. :jaw:

Asking $20.00 each and if you are willing to throw in a couple 2-3 bucks for shipping, I would appreciate it. If not, I'll cover it.

Please send me a PM or email at hprjf AT aol DOT com if interested.
Thank you,

Justin

View attachment 264244

NO! :no: THANK-YOU! Pm being sent as i speak to order (1) copy! Justin, you the MAN! ;)

Anyone know what happened to the UofI's M1850 cato?

I found their seal disc out at the pad... No O-ring on it. Could this be a contributing factor?

Anyone know what happened to the UofI's M1850 cato?

I found their seal disc out at the pad... No O-ring on it. Could this be a contributing factor?

OH!:jaw: That would most likely do it! :surprised: Did not hear anything on Sunday but, that doesn't mean somebody here might not know...?
Sorry to hear that happened...should make for an interesting Dvd chapter (if it's on there).

Speaking of Dvd's....:rolleyes: My hot check is going out to the Malfunction Junction Post Office in about 30 minutes as i scamper off to work tonight. :eek:
Can't wait to see this critter...so glad Justin has chose to get back into filming!

Last edited:
Most likely not the problem, the older Aerotech motors never even had an o- ring, just a fiber washer like most CTI motors have. The forward bulkhead o-ring is the main point of "seal" the way that thing blew, it wasn't from the deal disc. IMHO, the grains on that motor should be glued into the liner. Aerotech seems to think otherwise, I have heard of more than one of those motors failing with the same result.

Sweet Justin! I'll be emailing you this evening about ordering one of the DVDs.

Most likely not the problem, the older Aerotech motors never even had an o- ring, just a fiber washer like most CTI motors have. The forward bulkhead o-ring is the main point of "seal" the way that thing blew, it wasn't from the deal disc. IMHO, the grains on that motor should be glued into the liner. Aerotech seems to think otherwise, I have heard of more than one of those motors failing with the same result.

Just for reference- I talked to Jason...:point: AFTER i posted and, I will stand down from my previous remarks. From there I learned the situation and, that he had personally looked at the motor and, how it was assembled.

My (many) prior experiences with A*rotech are not pleasant but, I do not condone their use...

You can quote me on that.

I haven't used Aerotech in years. I use CTI pretty exclusively, Estes every once in awhile.

Good to know about the M1850 liner issues. I have been toying with the notion of a 75/7680 case from AT... But maybe I'll look at Loki's 76/8000, they have more of a selection anyways.

Good to know about the M1850 liner issues. I have been toying with the notion of a 75/7680 case from AT... But maybe I'll look at Loki's 76/8000, they have more of a selection anyways.

With the available spacer system, CTI is really your best bet if you are looking for more selection. The 6XL and a few spacers and you can fly dozens of motors. Besides, NOBODY does customer service and warranty support like CTI in my opinion.

griffin said:
mrwalsh85 said:
But maybe I'll look at Loki's 76/8000, they have more of a selection anyways.

With the available spacer system, CTI is really your best bet if you are looking for more selection. The 6XL and a few spacers and you can fly dozens of motors. Besides, NOBODY does customer service and warranty support like CTI in my opinion.

Actually, for the best selection his best option would be to start out with the Loki Research 76/8000 hardware.
With the additional combination of the CTI hubcap, nozzle holder, bulkhead, and spacers, this would give Mike the option of flying CTI reloads in the Loki 76/8000 case, if he really wanted to.
Mike, you may or may not already have some of those items, but I'm positively certain you can find multiple club members willing to loan them to you.

When you use Loki Research reloads Mike, you won't need to worry about "doing" warranty support. It will still be there, but I'll be honest, I haven't had much practice in the warranty department. ;-)
You'll get excellent customer service as a result of excellent communication from me. Plus you'll get the satisfaction of supporting American made products as well as supporting an old flying friend from Elsberry. ;-)

The question is, do you want to have another Camaro like everyone else, or do you want to stand out from the crowd and really turn some heads?
No offense meant to the Chevy crowd! They make great cars. I just prefer something a lot more special, like a 69' Charger. I just like Mopar better.

This one's for you Gus!
69%27%20Charger.jpg

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm an Aerotech guy, and have been since day one. The only load that appeals to me by CTI is the skid... And I haven't seen a Loki, but hoping that the Loki skid has a better effect... I can't get over the chest pounding roar of the CTI skids.. But still haven't flown one.

Scott, I'll get one from you soon. I've been trying to rearrange things so that I can get one, but it's not in the cards yet...

-Mike

DVD's are in stock and ready to ship. Here is the teaser as well: [YOUTUBE][video=youtube;Otd76sK5pbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otd76sK5pbo[/video][/YOUTUBE]

The question is, do you want to have another Camaro like everyone else, or do you want to stand out from the crowd and really turn some heads?
No offense meant to the Chevy crowd! They make great cars. I just prefer something a lot more special, like a 69' Charger. I just like Mopar better.

This one's for you Gus!
69%27%20Charger.jpg

Oh....I'm STILL a Mopar Man Scott :D but, that ZL1 Camaro takes me back to a day when i owned a 69 Z-28 (Some 30 years ago). Don't worry though...there is some serious Mopar iron in the garage that i replaced it with! ;)

Nice 69! As a matter of fact i know just the person to call to get a nose to make that Charger a real good Daytona replica....

NICE CAR as is...:p

DVD's are in stock and ready to ship. Here is the teaser as well: [YOUTUBE][video=youtube;Otd76sK5pbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otd76sK5pbo[/video][/YOUTUBE]

NICE JUSTIN!:surprised: Thanks again for doing this *for ALL of US*!

If, per chance, i wrote "For Sexual Services" in the Memo section of my check....It's because i was sooooo happy and, trying to get out the door to work.

I'm sure the Bank will still cash the Check though....;)

Actually, for the best selection his best option would be to start out with the Loki Research 76/8000 hardware.
With the additional combination of the CTI hubcap, nozzle holder, bulkhead, and spacers, this would give Mike the option of flying CTI reloads in the Loki 76/8000 case, if he really wanted to.
Mike, you may or may not already have some of those items, but I'm positively certain you can find multiple club members willing to loan them to you.

When you use Loki Research reloads Mike, you won't need to worry about "doing" warranty support. It will still be there, but I'll be honest, I haven't had much practice in the warranty department. ;-)
You'll get excellent customer service as a result of excellent communication from me. Plus you'll get the satisfaction of supporting American made products as well as supporting an old flying friend from Elsberry. ;-)

This one's for you Gus!

Or its bastard cousin:

SUperbirdEyes.jpg

I knew a guy that had one. Held on to it until he got out of grad school and then restored it. Kurt

Excellent teaser, Justin!

The pad DID move when the Ultimate took off!

Payment is on the way via Paypal.

Back