Mini Midwest Power May 23/24

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will a porta-john be on site? If not, what's the distance to the closest gas station? The lady will be with me, so need to be aware of locale!

Oh contraire. There are some in Chambers that do.:grin:

Cliffy....THAT was pure genius how you answered the question....As a matter of fact THAT song was released the year I was born.

Aren't we both feeling a might bit older now:confused:

There was a great scene in the 1988 movie *Bad Dreams* where a young actress named Jennifer Rubins is walking through a field wearing a sheer white nighty (and, NOTHING else) during a flashback dream sequence.....While the song is playing in the background.

Brrrrrrrrrb!:p

3. I don't think it would work as a deterrent against certain "hooligans" at the BBQ.

Oh, I have something special in mind for the "hooligans". Personally imported (smuggled) into the U.S from a recent trip to Lima, Peru. And you thought the Norwegian stuff was bad...

Oh, I have something special in mind for the "hooligans". Personally imported (smuggled) into the U.S from a recent trip to Lima, Peru. And you thought the Norwegian stuff was bad...

Derivatives of "Ghost Peppers":confused:

Derivatives of "Ghost Peppers":confused:

No, but a good guess. Actually, it is a derivative of Aloysia Citrodora, a species of flowering plant in the verbena family Verbenaceae, native to western South America. from Wiki, for the chemists in the crowd...

"Lemon verbena extract containing 25% verbascoside showed strong antioxidant capacity, which was higher than expected as concluded from the antioxidant capacity of pure verbascoside, probably due to synergistic effects. The capacity of verbascoside to act as an effective radical scavenger in lipophilic environments was also shown. Although some "in vitro" genotoxicity of verbascoside has been reported on human lymphocytes with an involvement of PARP-1 and p53 proteins, subsequent tests reported no genotoxicity for high dosage oral administration."

So, large doses administered orally to non-pregnant people should generally be nontoxic.

No, but a good guess. Actually, it is a derivative of Aloysia Citrodora, a species of flowering plant in the verbena family Verbenaceae, native to western South America. from Wiki, for the chemists in the crowd...

"Lemon verbena extract containing 25% verbascoside showed strong antioxidant capacity, which was higher than expected as concluded from the antioxidant capacity of pure verbascoside, probably due to synergistic effects. The capacity of verbascoside to act as an effective radical scavenger in lipophilic environments was also shown. Although some "in vitro" genotoxicity of verbascoside has been reported on human lymphocytes with an involvement of PARP-1 and p53 proteins, subsequent tests reported no genotoxicity for high dosage oral administration."

So, large doses administered orally to non-pregnant people should generally be nontoxic.

Soooooo....I can roll a leaf up or two...smoke the cr@p out of it and, strengthen my immune system:confused:
I'd call that a pretty good buzz! :cyclops:

https://youtu.be/CsBwBct0_5U

Time has come today:confused: Ummmmmm.......tomorrow! :D

Got to go to work for one more night and, day! :eek:

Then come home, load the truck and, head that way! :D

Four hours of Gus Jr. and, the guy who admits to being his Daddy! :D

HEY! No smoking Daddy-O in my NEW truck! Eh! :D

One BIG monster Steak cooked, my way! :D

On Sunday morning, get up late and, head up the road YAH! :D

What's this $#!% falling from the SKY?......HEH! :rant:

Locked up in my truck....No way! :D

I've got friends YEAH! :D

Just the fact we came to PLAY! :D

The time has come Today! ;)

.....Rain or shine, i'm really looking forward to seeing ALL of you again weather (sic) the outcome....

TIME! *tick*......*tick*............*tick*

Hey guys,

made it to Peru. Will be at the field in the AM.

Have a huge favor to ask. Does anyone have a BNC male-male cable that I could borrow for the day?

I could not find one before I left town, and I have everything I need -- Yagi antenna, receiver, attenuator, but no cable... GAH.

I feel really uncomfortable flying high without the setup... I'll check walmart in the AM, but if it's like anyplace I've visited, it'll be either oversize connectors or the screw-on connectors used in AV/TV applications.

Hoping someone can help!

****Deleted personal vehicle information****

Mike

Last edited:
Got you covered, Mike. Leaving shortly, be there around 11:00.

Thanks to those who offered a cable! I'm always impressed when folks go out of their way to help others. I'll be sure to pay it forward someday!

Great launch. Lots of impressive flights. Finally shredded a bird.... Glad I got all the pieces back, though!

-Mike

I'm guessing it's 16,000 inch waiver, since it says mini.
Just joking, wish I could go, too far away.

Bill

A few pictures from Saturday. We had a great time, can't wait to launch again.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks everybody for the great time! Saturday was one of the finest flying days in years; people were putting up really big stuff and it was coming back a hundred feet from the pad. There were a couple of spectacular CATOs too - sympathies to the teams involved.

Special thanks to Tim and Jackie just for being Tim and Jackie :cheers::clap:

Indeed was a great time with temps in the low 80's and clear skies. And thanks to those who kept an eye on my kiddos when I went to get my rockets!

Preston

Thanks everybody for the great time! Saturday was one of the finest flying days in years; people were putting up really big stuff and it was coming back a hundred feet from the pad. There were a couple of spectacular CATOs too - sympathies to the teams involved.

Special thanks to Tim and Jackie just for being Tim and Jackie :cheers::clap:

Hi! :D I'm home now! :D That's right, just pulled into the driveway here at Rancho Relaxo high above on a hill overlooking beautiful Malfunction Junction Indiana!

Just wanted to thank Tim and, Jackie Lehr for putting on this great event every year out of the kindness for their customers and, loyal friends...:eek:

Thank-you to all the members/friends of QCRS for setting up the equipment and, helping out when needed and, behind the scenes at the Cookout...:eek:

Thank-you Team SCAM friends for all your help today in preparation of flying my rocket *Chuck, the Rocket!*:eek:

Special thanks to Adrian Butler for ALL his help and, tolerating my dirty jokes this morning...;) Oh yah...Did you all hear? Mister Adrian Butler is NOW Tripoli's NEWEST L-3!:wave: My only regret was missing the event on Saturday due to: "Some peoples work on Saturdays..."

With his new title comes the exclusive rights too-

1. Eat at the Big Boys table...
2. Does not have to sit down to pee in the porta-johns...
3. An EXTRA 10% off ALL purchases at Wildman Rocketry...:rolleyes:

We prepped Chuck early this morning and, waited for our window of opportunity in the sky and, about 11am local he came screaming off the rail on a CTI N-5600 White Thunda (and, breath taking thunderous roar) to an altitude of 10,543' AGL with flawless recovery on Felix Baumgardner's farm 1 1/2 miles north of the launch site!

(ALL three Twinkies in the payload bay survived their Mach 1+ ride and, were enjoyed later!):p

For all the videos/pictures seen so far...AWESOME, and, i patiently await to see what good friend Justin Farrand was able to capture on video along with the incredible skills of my *Prodigal Son* the illustrious David Reese on film! :D

Schemes were hatched for Midwest Power, later this year....plans set in motion and, too all the folks i poked fun of over the course of the last few weeks: Thanks for your enduring sense of humor and, allowing me to build up quite a portfolio of OTHER ideas based on the last 24 hours. :lol:

Dad and, i really enjoyed the entire ride!

Bless you all, stay safe and, keep punishing the sky...October will be here faster than you know....

Last edited:
Just curious...:grin: Did anyone get any pictures or video on Sunday? :grin: (Besides Justin and, Reeser.) Just Curious. :grin:

I promise i will put on board video on the Giz at Midwest Power! (Now that it works the way it should...) :eek:

Special thanks to the Gus' delivery service and... I am told Griffin... for finding my Extreme Dark Star booster from the MWP Drag Race last Fall. A 14k ft core sample, six month plus underground, Spring plowing/planting and the thing still survived(!). Part of the motor recovered, but hey, better than nothin'!

Last edited:
Special thanks to the Gus' delivery service and... I am told Griffin... for finding my Extreme Dark Star booster from the MWP Drag Race last Fall. A 14k ft core sample, six month plus underground, Spring plowing/planting and the thing still survived(!). Part of the motor recovered, but hey, better than nothin'!

I didn't find it, nor did I dig it up. I only knew who's it was when it was unearthed. Steve and Mrs. Pauling deserve all thanks on this recovery. I think Steve also suffered a back injury during the extraction. Glad to hear you have been reunited with your gold member.

I didn't find it, nor did I dig it up. I only knew who's it was when it was unearthed. Steve and Mrs. Pauling deserve all thanks on this recovery. I think Steve also suffered a back injury during the extraction. Glad to hear you have been reunited with your gold member.

Actually still missing the "Gold Member" aka Extenze... CJ now owns my nose cone and payload, I have the booster. But a big Ben Franklin goes to the person that finds my Extenze av-bay up in the Quad-Cities area.

That av-bay wasn't on the forward end of the booster that was recovered?

I only have the NC....gladly bring it back in couple weeks when I come up. Still has your paint on it.

Sounds like I missed a great party.............. where a rocket launch broke out!

Video of my WAC Corporal flight here: [video=youtube;L3nVvF1VOh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3nVvF1VOh4[/video]

Enjoy!

Mike

Back