MAD MAX Fury road

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
[video=youtube;YWNWi-ZWL3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNWi-ZWL3c[/video]

[video=youtube;hEJnMQG9ev8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnMQG9ev8[/video]

OH YEAH Big Mad Max fan here.. this is looking good! I got goose bumps watching it on my big screen!

Last edited:
4 Signs 'Mad Max 4' Is Probably the Craziest Movie Ever Made

In point of fact, the studio thought the movie was too awesome, so they threw more money at Miller and told him to find a way to make two of the bigger action sequences even more awesome. The itinerary for the reshoots included something called a vehicle launcher, and while we have no idea what that is ...

305374_v1.gif

... we assume the studio's exact words were, "We want the audience to **** themselves so hard that they can't even walk when the movie ends."

Yeah, I want to see this one too...

FC

Well I made my son (hes almost 10) sit and watch the first mad max last night..

he said.. "there wasnt much action in it dad.. whats so great about it" now i feel old LOL

I told him theres two more movies remember that was made in the 70's things have changed.. back then they didnt have computer effects they relied on the story to make a good movie!

oh if we are doing favorite qoutes..

"i dont know a piece from here a piece from there.... you've seen it youve heard it and your still asking questions.. " "Yeah when do we go for a ride!!!!"

I also love "this is Condalini.... Condalini wants his hand back"

how about "hey they is my snake.. I trained it... Im gonna eat it!"

"Got sum gazzoleen, eh?"

"I've never seen a man beat a snake before.."

"A quick fella, a smart fella might have a weapon under there. Might have to pin his head to the panel..."

"All that gazz.. pumpin' day & night.. ka-chongka ka chongka.. And them circling around like angry ants.."

and of course the classic line:

You, you can run, but ya can't hide!"

(I can quote it all day!! the wife thinks I can quote the movie verbatim. Both actually... :D )

"you've hot t to understank the principal as of aerodynamics in a machine like this"

"nothing a year I the tropics wouldn't fix"

"nothing came in on the train except for a coffin...... Our friend"

"all this time empty... Thats low... Dishonest.... Howdie know that one's not a dud..... "

" I've got skills...... I'm sorry the brothels full"

Last edited:
I don't like it when they replace/switch actors and then expect you to just pretend it's the same character.
I'll have to pass on this one. At least til' it's free somewhere like NF.

I don't like it when they replace/switch actors and then expect you to just pretend it's the same character.
I'll have to pass on this one. At least til' it's free somewhere like NF.

Well I kinda tend to agree on that... but I think Mel gibson might be a little beyond the age where he could have do the movie... I am sure evne though a ton of it is going to be CG I am sure there were weeks of filming in the desert somewhere.. all in black leather.. beyond hot.. and have you seen mel gibson lately.. LOL

anyways I think it looks incredible.. and I'll let this little bug slip by!

Here's a question about the timeline of the Mad Max universe.

The first Mad Max movie has a different feel from the sequels. By the time of the Road Warrior, some kind of nuclear war has ended civilization as we know it, and Barbarians rule the Earth, which is fine by me, as long as I get something to drink --- I'm thirstier than these other barbarians.

And by Thunderdome, we've got mutants, so it's definitely post-nuclear at that point.

What about the original Mad Max movie? What is the dealio at that point? It seems like the civilized world is on the decline, and the institutions of order are having a hard time holding it together, but this is before the global civilization has been destroyed, right? I've never known for sure whether the rest of the world has already blown itself up, and Australia is just holding on to the last vestiges of civilization. Or is this before Armageddon, and things are just starting to get bad? What's your take on the timeline for the first movie?

Here's a question about the timeline of the Mad Max universe.

The first Mad Max movie has a different feel from the sequels. By the time of the Road Warrior, some kind of nuclear war has ended civilization as we know it, and Barbarians rule the Earth, which is fine by me, as long as I get something to drink --- I'm thirstier than these other barbarians.

And by Thunderdome, we've got mutants, so it's definitely post-nuclear at that point.

What about the original Mad Max movie? What is the dealio at that point? It seems like the civilized world is on the decline, and the institutions of order are having a hard time holding it together, but this is before the global civilization has been destroyed, right? I've never known for sure whether the rest of the world has already blown itself up, and Australia is just holding on to the last vestiges of civilization. Or is this before Armageddon, and things are just starting to get bad? What's your take on the timeline for the first movie?

It's hard to say for sure.. But I agree.. In mad max it seems the world has taken a dive.. Remember the signs wastelands or something like that with skull and crossbones

In thinking in the first they were just a small chunk of people trying to keep civilization alive and normal.

Look at the set. Everything is old beat up trashed... They are working with what they have ..

I will watch it. I am pretty partial to the original Mad Max / Road Warrior stuff. Does anyone remember the original Mad Max with all of the voices dubbed? Not a great dub job, but still fun to watch. I've seen Mad Max and Beyond Thuderdome a gazillion times. I should watch Road Warrior. Haven't seen that in awhile. Now where is that VHS tape...

It's hard to say for sure.. But I agree.. In mad max it seems the world has taken a dive.. Remember the signs wastelands or something like that with skull and crossbones

In thinking in the first they were just a small chunk of people trying to keep civilization alive and normal.

Look at the set. Everything is old beat up trashed... They are working with what they have ..

Maybe we can get the Exactimator to rebuild his MDRM with a new theme :

MEGA DA MAD MAXX

Kenny

I will watch it. I am pretty partial to the original Mad Max / Road Warrior stuff. Does anyone remember the original Mad Max with all of the voices dubbed? Not a great dub job, but still fun to watch. I've seen Mad Max and Beyond Thuderdome a gazillion times. I should watch Road Warrior. Haven't seen that in awhile. Now where is that VHS tape...

I found the DVD with the original undubbed sound track. Much better. Don't know why they redubbed it in the first place. After all, they speak English down under, right? :wink: :wink:

Adrian

I found the DVD with the original undubbed sound track. Much better. Don't know why they redubbed it in the first place. After all, they speak English down under, right? :wink: :wink:

Adrian

The original non dubbed version has been out for awhile now in the U.S. I like it much better also. I believe the dubbed version was for the U.S. Not sure why. One of those "decisions."

Some rocket related trivia. The TRA N & O altitude records are held by Nic Lottering, who flew Mad Max and Max Max 2 respectively.

NL_MM4_Ground.jpg

Nic-Lottering-O3400-300x287.jpg

On my visit to the Westmar launch range (where Thunda Down Under is held) last year, my wife and I stopped at a little outback roadhouse about 1.5 hours from the site and ordered a couple of burgers. While we were waiting and then eating, we were struck by how much the place looked like a setting from Mad Max. It was both cool and eery at the same time.

Back