Open Rocket wont run sims for larger rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator81

Reaction score
ive been using open rocket a lot and everytime i build a larger rocket and go to simulate it it will just keep running the simulation and doesnt stop. is there something i can do about this?

Likely an error of some type in the file. Without seeing it hard to say.

when u get to the simulation it just keeps running. the simulation never stops. i cant really put it in a picture but it only happens with a large rocket.

Try adjusting the Time Step in the Simulation Options to a larger number.

ive been using open rocket a lot and everytime i build a larger rocket and go to simulate it it will just keep running the simulation and doesnt stop. is there something i can do about this?

Please define "larger rocket".

In Open Rocket it is possible to simulate a rocket that achieves "escape" velocity. Once the rocket reaches outer space, the simulation will not end because you are just coasting in space.

While in the Rocket Design tab, select "Booster Stage" from the left-hand parts tree and double-click it. Then in the dialog that comes up select "Separation" tab. Change the separate event from "Launch" to "Current Stage Ejection Charge".

Doug

Another way to do the same thing is click the Motors & Configuration tab. Then click the Stages tab. Click on the "Select separation" button in the lower left and change the separate event from "Launch" to "Current Stage Ejection Charge" and click OK. That should give you an apogee of about 1176 ft.

Back