Saw a Dragon tonight! A Real Honest-To-Goodness Dragon!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Happened to step out of my home tonight looking for some acetone for my latest build project, and looked up. I saw a VERY bright object crossing overhead, with something following it. Checked with the spot the space station website, and confirmed that the ISS was overhead. The object following it... The Dragon supply ship! :cool:

If you're starting to see dragons flying across the sky, that's a sign you need to lay off the acetone.

Yesterday was beautiful, and the ISS was scheduled to fly over me and be visible for a mintute at 9:34pm, but I went out to adjust my eyes and grab the Binocs from my truck at 9:24 and it had become overcast.:(

Congrats to you though, as I'm sure that must have been pretty cool.;)

My wife and I also the ISS and Dragon last night. We almost missed the Dragon following the ISS because of its dimness. We are hoping that tonight at 2045 hrs (8:45 pm) that we will be able to see the ISS again. (I believe the Dragon will be docked by then?) We will have a 4 minute viewing tonight if it stays clear.

If you're starting to see dragons flying across the sky, that's a sign you need to lay off the acetone.

I've actually met and traded emails with another very real Dragon (and no acetone or APCP involved). He was kind enough to give me a casting of a PPG, and a Klingon Padd.

I'm sure you've seen his work... Armageddon (Bruce Willis, Liv Taylor, Ben Afleck (he made the helmets for the space suits)), Star Trek the Next Generation (standing next to John Tesh (also was Michael Dorn's body double), Deep Space 9 (who's name do you think appears on the Sword of Kahless?), Babelon 5, Batman & Robin (made Mr. Freeze's costume, and gave Arnold the line "Everyone Chill"), etc.

Last edited:
I was a Dragon once.:)

So was I...

$_57.JPG

FC

Just got done viewing it tonight (8:45pm -8:49pm local time). I didn't have my glasses on, nor did I bring my binoculars, but I think I saw to objects again. They were VERY close compared to last night, or my vision was blurring the ISS into two objects (unlikely).

Just got done viewing it tonight (8:45pm -8:49pm local time). I didn't have my glasses on, nor did I bring my binoculars, but I think I saw to objects again. They were VERY close compared to last night, or my vision was blurring the ISS into two objects (unlikely).

You know... I'd like to believe you on this. You say you can resolve two objects, without glasses, without binoculars --- You can see these things hundreds of miles away with nothing but your bare eyes. But just two days ago, you were claiming you were seeing Dragons! DRAGONS!!!

You know... I'd like to believe you on this. You say you can resolve two objects, without glasses, without binoculars --- You can see these things hundreds of miles away with nothing but your bare eyes. But just two days ago, you were claiming you were seeing Dragons! DRAGONS!!!

Lemme guess, you'd like what I've been smoking all these years (jerky). Well, you're too late. :tongue:

Back