Makerbeam Discovery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
Today, I was getting my LPR stuff together as I hope to do some launching later, and realized that my 1/8" Rod fits into the Makerbeam slot.
I can now store my rod in there to keep it safe and consolidated with the rail.

Rod Fits in Rail 2015-04-16 004.jpgRod Fits in Rail 2015-04-16 003.jpg

Heres How I converted my 900 and 1500mm MakerBeam 10mm Rails to fit any 3/16" standard hole Launcher base.
Using a 3" section of thinwall brass tubing, hardwood dowel plug and a 2" piece of Old 3/16" Stainless Launch rod all held with a little epoxy.

One thing I've leaned over the last summer is either Maker-Beam needs a much Heavier Launcher Base or stake the laucher base down very well as they are both subject to surface cross-wind pressure tip over.

MicroRAX & MakerBeam 10mm Rail mounting parts_03-20-14.jpg

MM 403a-Lp01a_MakerBeam Rail Button Test_T3  Model #1_04-19-14.jpg

Did my first Makerbeam launch yesterday and it was a resounding success!!

TODAYS LAUNCHES 2015-04-16 001.jpg

Awesome, love the use of a tree stand... :cool:

It does it all, has a low CG and holes in the tips of the legs for tent pegs if you think there may be wind.
I'm going to be cutting some 2" PVC Pipe to make extensions for the legs for when I do the 1010 Rail and MPR.
Reviewing my Pics recently has reminded me that even LPR and MPR stuff can put out a lot of sparks. The Rocket in my Avatar is a still shot from my video of my Martel AS 37 on an E20, and that's a lot of sparks!
Here's my Crossfire on a B6. If you look closely you can see a mist of sparks around the Pad.

TODAYS LAUNCHES 2015-04-16 005.jpg

You don't have to look that closely, actually. I'm not sure I'd leave a plastic tool box that close...

Yeah, it's kinda' a reminder to "Not do that again" seeing as how my box was left open on the first launch.:facepalm:
"Complacency Kills".
I only brought the Motors I was going to fly, but if a spark cought my box on fire it would be pretty embarrassing.
I did'nt realize that a B6 would put out so many sparks until I looked at the Pics.

Back